The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Amir's Twin Turbo at Invisible Touch Detailing - *car also for sale*

Stonkin

Hi,

Here we have Amir's silver Twin Turbo. This car is currently for sale (advert here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?269919-Mint-GZ-Twin-Turbo ) and was brought to Invisible Touch to be offered to its new owner in top condition. Recieving a Stage 1 detail and Engine Bay treatment. This was the vehicle on arrival...

Starting with the engine bay, this was lightly jetwashed, using common sense with regards to certain electrical areas. The entire bay was then degreased using APC, Engine Machine Cleaner and various size brushes. The bay was then jetwashed again

I then proceeded to clean all door/boot/fuel shuts

Followed by all window seals, badges, lights and mirrors

The tyres were then degreased with APC, not only cleaning them, but allowing tyre dressings applied later to bond for longer

Wheels were cleaned with Bilberry, perfectly safe for chrome finishes

The car was then jetwashed, snowfoamed and left to dwell for 5 mins, jetwashed again and then washed with Meguiars Shampoo Plus using the 2 bucket method. After being jetwashed again, the car was clayed to remove bonded contamination that washing would not remove. The car was then washed again to ensure a completely clean surface prior to machining

The car was then taken inside to be dried. Whilst the engine bay was still wet, everything was dressed with Aerospace 303 and left to dry naturally over several hours

Paint thickness readings were then taken. Having been previously painted, higher readings as expected were shown

Being silver, swirls and defects are always more difficult to catch on camera, despite being visible by eye. However, swirls, holograms from previous machining and an overall quite flat appearance was hindering the cars overall appearance

Using the makita rotary, 3M polishing pad and Meguiars 205 compound i proceeded to correct all paintwork. The lighting on the bonnet showing a visible difference in paint clarity between polished and unpolished sides

Passenger wing

Once all machining was complete, the car was wiped down with Isopropyl alcohol mixed 50/50 with distilled water. This ensures that the paint finish is squeeky clean and free from any remaining polishing oils which would reduce bonding properties of waxes or sealants. I then applied Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite by hand which further prepares the paint to recieve a wax/sealant and also enhances the gloss and depth within the paint

The chosen finishing product was Collinite, which is more of a hybrid product than compared with the likes of Dodo or Victoria waxes. It offers a fanastic finish on silver and extremely good durability. Which is why its so important that all polishing oils are removed prior to application

I then treated all window/door/boot seals, door sills, any rubber seals within the door shuts, boot struts, rear lights, scuttle panel with Bumper Care

Glass was polished inside and out with 3M Glass Cleaner

Poorboys Sealant was applied to the alloys

Tyres dressed with Endurance Gel

Interior was hoovered and all interior panels and seats were cleaned with All Purpose Cleaner and then dressed with Poorboys Natural Look Dressing

An example of how water sits as tight beads on freshly polished and sealed paintwork. Sitting on a surface offering far less drag, the water just rolls off. This is one of the reasons why a detailed car is so much easier to maintain and far quicker to achieve great results with future washes and also why they stay looking prestine for so much longer as it is much harder for dirt and contamination to stick to the car

Finally the car was shrink wrapped awaiting collection

Hope you enjoyed the read, more to come from Invisible Touch soon...

Christian

Christian work is just amazing! I love reading these threads, the new owner will be very lucky!

Talking about the water beading, my car after the Dragonball Run from London to Rotterdam still looked clean!

Infact I did a 350 mile round trip last week and although it rained my car still looks spotless!! :D

Wow. What a job Christian, absolutely amazing.

This was supposed to help sell the car rather than tempt me to try and keep it! Lol

I have a new set of wheels to put on as well now, seems like a waste for me, but the whoever buys it will be getting a steal now!!