The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any bodywork people want a winter project?

Gaz6002

Hi all,

My car needs a bit of sprucing up over the winter, and since I won't be using it I thought I'd ask on here whether anyone fancies taking it for the whole winter, storing it and making it perfect for me?

It still has the Toyota paint, and I don't want a respray. More of a touch-up. Also the wheels will need a refurb as they've started to corrode.

Obviously I'll pay for the work, but the only thing is I don't want the car back until March or April and I'd like it to be 100% when I get it back, so it'll need storing indoors somewhere.

It's probably a long-shot, but if you don't ask... :)

So not for sale any more then :)

In a way I'm glad as this place would be a little worse off without your presence. Still, I hope you'll still be able to sate the track appetite in some other means.

Thanks mate. I can't bring myself to drop the price any further so I'm going to keep her :)

Currently looking into race series in the Supra - not exactly what I had in mind but I need to scratch that itch somehow!

So you're looking to make it pristine then track it? I take it you realise about these things called "racing incidents" yes?

Unless you're just going for time trail stuff?

I want the car to be perfect, then we'll see how the land lies next year. I'll feel better about it if I know it's 100% to start with. The thing is, I'm not sure I want to cage the car up as right now it's a great road car. If I start racing then things will have to change.

I understand your situation kinda. Now I have child and literally drive my car once a week, have not had a passenger in it since probably May time I have thought about putting in a half cage as well as braces etc for tracks as done some track events and yes the thirst is there.

But other side of me is thinking of converting it back to look entirely stock bodywork wise and internally only mods would be my Cobra misanos and a Nods gauge system when they're done :) stock looking uk is appealing.

Oh but then I'd rip the single install out. To put dirty geet big twins in.

Anyway apologies for going OT, I hope you find some passionate/anal detailed who can do it justice!

I understand your situation kinda. Now I have child and literally drive my car once a week, have not had a passenger in it since probably May time I have thought about putting in a half cage as well as braces etc for tracks as done some track events and yes the thirst is there.

But other side of me is thinking of converting it back to look entirely stock bodywork wise and internally only mods would be my Cobra misanos and a Nods gauge system when they're done :) stock looking uk is appealing.

Oh but then I'd rip the single install out. To put dirty geet big twins in.

Anyway apologies for going OT, I hope you find some passionate/anal detailed who can do it justice!

Hey I couldn't say anything about my threads going OT - it's usually me who instigates it! :D

It's a bit of an annoyance really. I've got a fantastic road car and I've made compromises to get there, all of which I'll have to go back on if I want to track her.

stock uk is sexy, i love the stock look but bodywork needs to be flawless.

best of luck gaz, theres some awesome painters around who are passionate and perfectionists.

Thanks mate. That's the thing; I want someone who is really going to care for the car to do it. When I get her back she needs to be gleaming :)

Dependant on what u want doing there is a car repair place at the back of my house, very nice chap and reasonable. Not many people know about him. Did the respray on my bumper. Not sure what else he does. i fyou let me know i will ask or get a telephone number so u can contact him. This is in wisbech cambs dont know if that to far to travel???

Hi Gaz, i presume your car does actually require paintwork as opposed to detailing? Just asking as obviously i could help you in one of those situations, and storage could also be arranged at my place over the winter.

Hi mate :) Here's the thing: the car has stone chips, some scratches and some cracked paint (plastic sideskirts have cracked). Plus, there's corrosion on the wheels (white spiders). Does that sound like something you could sort? If so I'm very interested - I'd rather have the Toyota paint corrected than have new paint on it.