The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mapped by Ryan, many thanks, 551hp, 500+lb happy with that :-)

Mike B

Met Ryan in Chesterfield yesterday, for a remapping of the car to the T67 on a cast manifold.

Saw the aftermath of the incident that caused Ryan to declare "I am never mapping on the road ever again". Infact, as I drew into scoobyworks two guys in trackkies were walking down the country road, car stereo in hand. But that's another story!

My story was incident free.. a dam good job, a beautifully clean map, and the bum dyno gives it the thumbs up. No Knock on the dyno, knock sensor much quieter on the road. Would not really want that much more power than this on the road..

well done fella, glad you are still with us.. :thanks:

dyno 2.jpg

ryan 1.jpg

dyno.jpg

Met Ryan in Chesterfield yesterday, for a remapping of the car to the T67 on a cast manifold.

Saw the aftermath of the incident that caused Ryan to declare "I am never mapping on the road ever again". Infact, as I drew into scoobyworks two guys in trackkies were walking down the country road, car stereo in hand. But that's another story!

My story was incident free.. a dam good job, a beautifully clean map, and the bum dyno gives it the thumbs up. No Knock on the dyno, knock sensor much quieter on the road. Would not really want that much more power than this on the road..

well done fella, glad you are still with us.. :thanks:

Because you're not nuts. :D Like some. :D Great result Mike. Glad Ryan got on with it too. That crash would've stopped a lot of people.

How much is it for a remap?

That's for Ryan to quote for! http://www.2bartuning.com Mine was a special case, more work required, but he's the guy..

Well done Mike :thumbs:

What boost was that at?

1.5 bar.. I run a cast manifold, stock vvti throttle and plennum, so any more boost would require more gas flow ability which I don't have. It's fairly responsive for a big tubby, and I do like the drivability of the cast manifold.

Glad to hear you still have the supra love mate, thought you had left us.:)

I've started a new career.. self employed; two or three years of very meagre living, had a fire sale of my entire life.. anything that was worth money was sold.. a total firesale. The only thing that remained was the supra. :-)

Great result Mike, can't believe Ryan went on to do another car after the crash :D

Tell me about it... he was a legend.. and then he went on to another appointment before the end of the day. The crash sounded very bad.. he was lucky.

Nice result Mike, glad to see you are still in a MKIV, you planning on any trackdays?

I have a set of slicks in the garage staring at me every time i walk in... :-)

when finances permit, I would like nothing more...

That’s a really nice result , I am looking to go single very soon, I have been looking and I was worried about lag as alot of t67 graphs before 3000 -3350 rpm they are barely making 100bhp yours is very high over 200, what is this down to the cast manifold or the vvti helping? Is yours t67 a billet?

That’s a really nice result , I am looking to go single very soon, I have been looking and I was worried about lag as alot of t67 graphs before 3000 -3350 rpm they are barely making 100bhp yours is very high over 200, what is this down to the cast manifold or the vvti helping? Is yours t67 a billet?

Erm that's the Torque line!

He hits 200Bhp @ 3500rpm (which is incredibly good).

Erm that's the Torque line!

He hits 200Bhp @ 3500rpm (which is incredibly good).

Doh my bad! silly me bit odd as looking at my old dyno plot for my skyline it shows the torque and power lines the other way round , its still alot higher than most just wondering if its down to the cast manifold or vvti.

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

I have a set of slicks in the garage staring at me every time i walk in... :-)

when finances permit, I would like nothing more...

Are the slicks on 17" or 18", I have been looking for a source of used 17" slicks but been unsuccessful so far :(

Are the slicks on 17" or 18", I have been looking for a source of used 17" slicks but been unsuccessful so far :(

They are on 18's.. and I have 3 full sets ;-) 275, 245 equ...

and they stick like (swearword) to a shovel... and don't seem to wear out either.

Doh my bad! silly me bit odd as looking at my old dyno plot for my skyline it shows the torque and power lines the other way round , its still alot higher than most just wondering if its down to the cast manifold or vvti.

Cast did make a big difference to the bottom end power.. but it's the torque that pushes the car along sub 3500. I used to have a BM 4.4 v8 and the sup walks all over it sub 3500rpm.. I was really surprised. VVTi does sneak a bit more bottom end too, but I don't have aftermarket control of this cam.. the stock ecu is controlling it.... would like to integrate it into the map, but that is a different kettle of fish.

Cast did make a big difference to the bottom end power.. but it's the torque that pushes the car along sub 3500. I used to have a BM 4.4 v8 and the sup walks all over it sub 3500rpm.. I was really surprised. VVTi does sneak a bit more bottom end too, but I don't have aftermarket control of this cam.. the stock ecu is controlling it.... would like to integrate it into the map, but that is a different kettle of fish.

Sounds like you need a Syvecs :)