The mkiv Supra Owners Club

You'l never be rich with a supra

supra_si

Unless you already are.......

Newbies be warned these are expensive cars. last cpl of months have been quite expensive.

last month :tax £103 6 months, insurance £489 , mot £45 and 2 front tyres £250

This month : cam belt + decat exhaust £220, rear tyres £250, new brake discs all round £150

next month: paint and fit do-luck front funds pending £approx 300

just to let you know what you may be in for.

although its part and parcel of supra ownership you have to be prepared to spend to maintain these beasts.

Im not complaining its the best car i have ever owned and i guess im lucky that i can afford to keep her on the road

Theres pros and cons with running all cars tax and insurance is a given with anything you drive! If your going to be modding it then yes the bills will go up but you can only upgrade your supra if your pocket allows you to. There not expensive to keep on the road its the upgrades we keep wanting to do like brakes de-cats bumpers etc....If you just buy the supra you want and keep it that way there fine to run! Were all modified tarts thats where the expense comes in and its hard not to do it!! :D

Ive spent a bit on my car but i bought it knowing that it wasnt cheap and cheerfull. When i bought some parts for my girlfriends fiesta i was laughing though air oil pollen fuel filters spark plugs and two new front discs and pads for just £78.

I dont think they are that expensive to be honest. All I have had to do is keep feeding mine petrol and oil changes. Even things like brakes and tyres seems to last pretty well.

Infact the only non-service item I have had to replace on mine is the power steering pump. Not bad for over 177k really.

Well taxing it is the same if not cheaper than a few other cars:) the mots the same as any other car :)

your insurance is down to your individual personal details :) doing mods dont count as running costs :)

Just wait till your rad goes or the heater matrix or the wishbones need replacing or the coilpacks

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)