The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ryan Woon's new RSP Supra

JamieP

Taken from supra forum.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525158

I have a new project that I'm excited about and I have a lot of people to thank in helping me get it done so quickly over the past 6 weeks. I started this project the first week in December and the goal was to get it done and to the track before SW and Darin got back out. It was a lofty goal to build a complete 25.5 chassis like I did but I almost got it done. This car is a 97 RSP and we stripped it down to nothing and media blasted the entire chassis. We did a 25.5 cage and then we painted the entire thing as well inside, out and underneath. At some point I'll do a whole picture show that has the entire process. The car was done and I fought some electical issues which held us back and then we had to coordinate the track so we could all get out there. On the maiden voyage the car did pretty well. I still had some gremlins and issues but we were commited to the track and Cody was in town so I had no choice but to run it not 100% right. We had moisuture on the track from rain the previous two days and I also have a huge problem running over media blasting sand that's still coming out of the car so I never was able to make a full pass. In 4 hits my best 60ft was 1.33 and 9.1@130 coasting the entire second 1/8th. The car dynoed 1280rwhp at 36psi with the new setup. It's making quite a bit more power than before.

I wanted to wait to debut the car until I ran a good ET but I need to thank the people that have helped me get this project done and don't want to make anyone wait for their recognition on this car.There are a lot of people I need to thank for helping me get this project done. It was 24hr days to get it done in such a short amount of time and the few people that knew what I was doing thought I was insane and now that I'm sick as hell I agree:)

Ian and Mark. Without these guys there would be no project. Ian has helped move the car around from place to place for the past 6 weeks and logged a million hours and miles just in transport. Mark has helped with every stage along the way as well and was dedicated to getting the car done. I have been using Ian's truck/trailer since Oct and he's been a trooper about it. He lives 40min away from me and I know it's been a pita getting the car around.

Pat from Gringos. He painted the car and did some trick fab work. He created some badass bumper block offs for the front holes. I don't have them on the car yet as he's making the molds but they are trick and will be great for all drag racers and mile guys. He made some cool mirror block off plates as well that are on the car in the pics.

Full Race and Aaron Teague. I have some good friends over there now and they helped with the turbo side. I'm running their latest version of the Supra T6 dual gate mani and 5in DP. The product is far above par and I'm very happy with it. The quality of the FR parts is the best I've seen. Aaron and FR stepped up big time for this project with my timeline and what I needed. It's nice to have the support and to have made a lot of new friends along the way.

Tial Sport and Jake. Again, always supportive 110% of my projects. Tial Sport has always been right there to sponsor whatever I'm doing. They stepped up and helped me out with a turbo, BOV, and gates. Every since I've switched to using turbos from Tial I've had zero issues with any turbo. Along with that the customer service and support is always top knotch.

Lone Star Racing and Greg Frantz and Louis. These guys are unreal with fab work. They have a 25,000sq/ft facility with 12 CNC's and a ton of full time guys for off road parts. These guys were unbelivable in the fab work on the chassis. They did my entire chassis in 5 days. We worked with the local NHRA tech guy and the SFI plans and the cage turned out sick. The 25.5 is an incredible amount of work and not only did they bang it out quick, they did it perfect. It's all chromo, all to spec, and it's siiiick. I couldn't be happier with the chassis work. It would take a normal fab guy 3-4-5 times as long to get what they got done in 5 days.

Tom from Ross Machine. I've always wanted to try a RMR intake and Tom stepped up for me on this project with his Intake and -10 rail. The quality of this piece is again, nothing short of spectacular. Fitment was great, it's easy to work with and it works very very well. CNC'd everything top to bottom. There are a lot of great design features with this intake. If you don't want to you don't have to relocate the battery or PS stuff. You could even pull the motor easily with this intake on it. I know the 4-row piping also fits right on it as well which is a big bonus for 4 row users who want a good intake without a lot of hassle to change things.

Sean From Titan helped me out a ton with getting me some parts I needed. He's the man when it comes to getting parts. Sean is a good guy and wants to see everyone go quick and fast and he's always supportive of everyone.

Mark Conte is always there to help me out when ever I need it. He helped me get some 17in Skinnies that were already on a car so I could get my car out. Thanks to Victor at F&H as well for getting me tires that were back ordered a few weeks so quickly! Mark you still need to come out and chill in AZ one of these weekends!

Cody Phillips helped pull an all nighter before we raced this past weekend helping me fight electrical gremlins. If he hadn't helped the car wouldn't have even made it out on Sat. Cody is always pushing me to do new things, go quicker and faster, etc. He's been a great friend and a lot of help over the years and not just with this project. I think after seeing my new car Cody is going to make some changes very soon:)

Before anyone makes any assumptions about the parts I want everyone to know Dana and I are still very good friends. I've always supported Dana and VWR products for years and have helped push Dana's product from day one. I wanted to try a few new things on this car and had some people step up to help me out. Everyone knows VWR products are some of the best out there and Dana's product works.

I'm going to take this week off and catch up with work and get things in order from basically putting everything else on the sidelines to get this car done. I'll get it back out soon and see what she runs with no issues. I'm sure I forgot to thank some people but when my brain starts working again I'll keep adding and edting my post... Here are a few pics I took. Better pics soon....

The car still has some things to be done, but it's getting close to being 100% done. Once I run a number I'm happy with as she sits I might put an auto in it and see how do with an auto too:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Taped over the bumper holes. Didn't duct the FMIC!

I know it probably doesn't matter but, y'know, completeness and all that.

you've just looked at the pics :eyebrows: apparently he has some "badass bumper block offs for the front holes" and although i am quite anal about ducting FMIC's i have to concede on a Banzai drag car with a parachute on the back :blink:, i think your right it probably doesn't matter ;)