PDA

View Full Version : Basingstoke's EPIC FAILURE MEET

KamaSupra
07-10-08, 22:55
:d Basingstoke's EPIC FAIL MEET Sun 19th October :d

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BASINGSTOKE - Sun 19th October - 1pm - Hatch Warren

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone the weather is getting bad but lets cross our fingers for some sunshine and have another EPIC Fail meet-

Date: Sunday 19th October
Where: Hatchwarren Retail Park
Time: 1pm

Address is as follows:

Unit 1,
Hatchwarren Retail Park,
Wallop Drive,
RG22 4TT

Googlemaps:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...18389&t=h&z=16

Sure some of you know where we meet, Basically from the M3 J7, or anyone in Basingstoke just up Winchester Road next to Sainsburys. I think it's best like last time everyone meets round the back of Pets at Home store so we can spot each other easily and as it's not too bad access for low supes.

As always a little drive to somewhere close by for something to eat and drink and bit of a chat for few hours.

So far the list is:
1. KarmaSupra Man

SilverSoop
07-10-08, 23:01
:d Basingstoke's EPIC FAIL MEET Sun 19th October :d

BASINGSTOKE - Sun 19th October - 1pm - Hatch Warren

Hey everyone the weather is getting bad but lets cross our fingers for some sunshine and have another EPIC Fail meet-

Date: Sunday 19th October
Where: Hatchwarren Retail Park
Time: 1pm

Address is as follows:

Unit 1,
Hatchwarren Retail Park,
Wallop Drive,
RG22 4TT

Googlemaps:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...18389&t=h&z=16

Sure some of you know where we meet, Basically from the M3 J7, or anyone in Basingstoke just up Winchester Road next to Sainsburys. I think it's best like last time everyone meets round the back of Pets at Home store so we can spot each other easily and as it's not too bad access for low supes.

As always a little drive to somewhere close by for something to eat and drink and bit of a chat for few hours.

So far the list is:
1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...:)

Ewen
07-10-08, 23:09
1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...
3. Ewen

ivan
08-10-08, 00:17
I'll certainly try to be there. :)

1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...
3. Ewen
4. Ivan

GlennK
08-10-08, 11:15
Second time lucky:

1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...
3. Ewen
4. Ivan
5. Glenn

heckler
08-10-08, 11:33
1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...
3. Ewen
4. Ivan
5. Glenn
6. Heckler (with new bumper!)

Supragal
08-10-08, 13:02
1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...
3. Ewen
4. Ivan
5. Glenn
7. Supragal (maybe, depending on DaveK for a lift!)
8. DaveK (if the Porsche meet isn't on)

Pabs
08-10-08, 13:27
Maybe there, but Supra will not :(

KamaSupra
08-10-08, 17:30
Maybe there, but Supra will not :(

Yeah but I hear you have a Hyundai cheeky coupe and their not too bad. Could've been worse....

juanchan
08-10-08, 17:48
Might be there. I'm not in the area until the 17th and the Supra was playing up immediately before I left, so will have to see.

SilverSoop
09-10-08, 00:37
Keep them coming...:D

SilverSoop
09-10-08, 00:38
1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...
3. Ewen
4. Ivan
5. Glenn

Si, what new Bumper have you got on now then?? :D

WRX-Jo
09-10-08, 12:42
Hi guys - 'Mrs Ark' here. I finally decided to get myself on here after taking part in the Supra track day with Chris the other day. Hopefully Chris and I might be able to make an appearance at this one (knowing him, he won't get around to putting his own name down though).

1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...
3. Ewen
4. Ivan
5. Glenn
9. Ark

heckler
09-10-08, 12:59
Si, what new Bumper have you got on now then?? :D

Shhhh, its top secret...

stevie_b
09-10-08, 13:09
1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...
3. Ewen
4. Ivan
5. Glenn
9. Ark
10. stevie_b, assuming car has a valid MOT

KamaSupra
09-10-08, 18:45
Shhhh, its top secret...

Ooooo someones out with the clever jokes ;)

Simple but v.good :d

heckler
09-10-08, 20:04
Ooooo someones out with the clever jokes ;)

Simple but v.good :d

:) I thought it was quite funny :p

KamaSupra
09-10-08, 21:47
:) I thought it was quite funny :p

Just saw your comment on the short jokes thread- Gordon Brown-
Nice one! :d

heckler
09-10-08, 21:48
Just saw your comment on the short jokes thread- Gordon Brown-
Nice one! :d

well, it was either that or Labour...

KamaSupra
09-10-08, 21:51
well, it was either that or Labour...

Well yeah Labour and Gordon Brown are a joke, just not very funny the fact that thieir useless!

SilverSoop
10-10-08, 22:32
Shhhh, its top secret...

:rolleyes: :d

barkdog23
13-10-08, 10:38
Ill be there, watch out for the smoke and smell on burning rubber!!!!

heckler
13-10-08, 10:47
Ill be there, watch out for the smoke and smell on burning rubber!!!!

:conf:

We're a "fairly" sensible bunch - at times ;)

KamaSupra
13-10-08, 13:54
Welcome barkdog23 be good to see another car and face.
So who's going then doing we reckon this is it so far?!

1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...
3. Ewen
4. Ivan
5. Glenn
9. Ark

:search:

SilverSoop
13-10-08, 23:07
:conf:

We're a "fairly" sensible bunch - at times ;)

Except for you Si...:D ;)

heckler
13-10-08, 23:07
Except for you Si...:D ;)

what you implying eh ;)

SilverSoop
14-10-08, 00:06
what you implying eh ;)

Nothing...:innocent: :d

heckler
14-10-08, 00:10
Nothing...:innocent: :d

in that case, i'll leave the supe at home, and bring the ibiza ;)

SilverSoop
14-10-08, 00:16
in that case, i'll leave the supe at home, and bring the ibiza ;)

That's a good idea, afterall, you're probably the reason why the cops paid us a visit...:d :p

heckler
14-10-08, 00:17
That's a good idea, afterall, you're probably the reason why the cops paid us a visit...:d :p

erm.... :innocent:

SilverSoop
14-10-08, 00:22
erm.... :innocent:

I rest my case...:d ;)

how_supra
14-10-08, 18:42
hmmmm this weekend is not good for me. :(

KamaSupra
14-10-08, 20:32

Can't believe you've blown us out :(

ivan
15-10-08, 00:04
All the more chips for the rest of us though. My turn to get a couple of plates in this time I think. :)

how_supra
15-10-08, 20:16
Dissappointed, I like chips!! :)

KamaSupra
15-10-08, 21:25
Dissappointed, I like chips!! :)

With chocolate banana spread? ;)

juanchan
15-10-08, 21:29
With chocolate banana spread? ;)

I recently tried goats cheese smoothered in honey with a side serving of what looked like "French Fries" (the crisps). Absolutely lovely :yum:

KamaSupra
15-10-08, 21:31
I'm getting hungry....

Supragal
17-10-08, 21:33
Weather is meant to be good. Looking likely myself and DaveK will be there.

ivan
18-10-08, 00:42
There go the chips again. ;)

Suprash
18-10-08, 02:24

I keep spotting you about lately, have you just got your Supra back from somewhere or dug her out of storage or someting, i see you once within the last 6 weeks or so pulling out of Asda just as I was pulling in in the S13 and then a couple of days ago round Blackdam roundabout, as you moved round to the next set of lights you might have heard someone beeping their horn as they went behind you up towards the M3, both where me lol :D

Suprash
18-10-08, 02:26
1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...
3. Ewen
4. Ivan
5. Glenn
9. Ark
11. Suprash

heckler
18-10-08, 09:06
ash, face it, you'll forget to turn up ;)

juanchan
18-10-08, 12:32
Hmmm. Windsurfing or Supra meet with excessive quantities of chips. It's a tough call, especially as I couldn't make Supra Pod today. I might be there, we'll have to see what the wind's doing in the morning :d

Pabs
18-10-08, 13:30
Still not sure if I'll be there or not - will be a decision on the day I think. If you see a stroppy pedestrian making his way over to you lot then you know who I am! lol

stevie_b
18-10-08, 13:45
It's a "possible" for me: hope to make it though, if just for a short while!

danny_silva
18-10-08, 13:59
ill be there!! ehee

1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...
3. Ewen
4. Ivan
5. Glenn
9. Ark
11. Suprash
12.Danny_silva

Ewen
18-10-08, 14:26
Manom, manom, manom manom manom, manom manom,,,,manometererer

Suprash
18-10-08, 21:46
ash, face it, you'll forget to turn up ;)

Damn it, this time I will.........:D Come get me first, or hunt me down :search:

Suprash
19-10-08, 07:32
1pm :blink: What a stupid time lol, I am just finishing work, gotta drive home 60 miles, then some breakfast quick, then to bed, then get up at 12:00 to come and see you lot lol, so dont be surprised if I fall asleep in the car park or aint very awake later lol.......ad I have work again tonight :(

tony1
19-10-08, 10:05
1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...
3. Ewen
4. Ivan
5. Glenn
9. Ark
11. Suprash
12.Danny_silva[/QUOTE]
13. Tony1

stevie_b
19-10-08, 10:57
1. KarmaSupra Man
2. Silversoop...
3. Ewen
4. Ivan
5. Glenn
9. Ark
[-]10. stevie_b, assuming car has a valid MOT[/-]
11. Suprash
12.Danny_silva
13. Tony1

Sorry guys, we've got family visiting last-minute.

Pabs
19-10-08, 12:02
I'll probably show my face briefly as I'll be walking to sainsburys for some shopping.. lol!

Ewen
19-10-08, 14:34
Well, I'm obviously not there as I'm here. Rather be there, but I'm not. Dave, how urgently do you need your manonomanonomanometer ?

Pabs
19-10-08, 14:47
I'm back now - he was asking about it and wondered where you were! lol

KamaSupra
19-10-08, 17:20
Manom, manom, manom manom manom, manom manom,,,,manometererer

WOW whats one of those?! Need it for work but when I talk to office on moday I'll see who's down there next week repairing the burners maybe they can fetch it. Cheers for finding it anyway! Where were you today? :search:

Great turnout, saw a lot of new faces but seen you all on the forum before. Feel like a right plank introducing myself, ''oh hi I'm Dave you may have seen me I'm KarmaSupra Man'' :rolleyes: Still were all in the same boat. I suggest name tags next time :D No actually thats worse than introducing ourselves. So anyway thanks for coming people, sorry if I didn't get to chat to you hopefully will next time! People I did meet it was great meeting ya!

Pabs good to see you in one piece after what happened other week :D. Saw you with your key hidden under that bag, keying all our motors because of your jealousy ;) But hey with the prices going down on supes you'l have another in no time!

Silversoop where were you? I expected to see you broken down up the road with your turbos in hand. Hope everythings alright mate?!

Hope to see you all soon! :)

Pabs
19-10-08, 17:30
I'd never key those gorgeous cars mate! Jealous, big time. But I'll be back. One day!

KamaSupra
19-10-08, 17:47
I'd never key those gorgeous cars mate! Jealous, big time. But I'll be back. One day!

Maybe I was wrong then, you were doing something else hidden behind that bag then?! ;) Mate my car was clean, harsh!

Pabs
19-10-08, 17:48
lol - leave my bags outta this ;)
Your car was VERY shiny.... couldn't believe you didn't drive it for that long!

GlennK
19-10-08, 17:59
Hey guys,

Great seeing you all, and a big thanks for the wastegate swapout!! It still wheezes a bit but I'll trim off the bit of rubber hose for a better fit.

See you next month.

Supragal
19-10-08, 18:14
Nice to see some people I knew, obviously not been to a meet for ages as there were a lot of new faces :D Good turn out, made me want a supra again!!

Pabs
19-10-08, 18:30
made me want a supra again!!

you and me both :(

heckler
19-10-08, 19:16
Good to see the usuals, and the new people :D:D

danny_silva
19-10-08, 19:49
eheh just back.. finaly home!!!

has always.. nice to meet "old" faces and very nice to meet new ones!! sorry i had to leave early this time and didnt have a chat with you ALL!!!! :) next time!!

once again!! Sabrina!! we have loads of chips there.... ehehehe

and no prob about getting hands dirty!!!:)

GreaseMonkey
19-10-08, 19:58
Nice to meet you all at my first "Basingstoke Epic Failure Meet".

heckler
19-10-08, 21:06
anyone take pictures? if so get some of them up! - I really must bring my camera next time.

Supragal
19-10-08, 22:14
I only took 2... one before everyone was there and one of Ash's engine as I'm quite in love with it. My camera phone isn't great so I didn't bother taking any more, maybe I should have done.

http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00552dt4.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00553wy9.jpg

Lbm
19-10-08, 22:32
Good to come to this one.
Made for a nice drive round M25 and down M3
See you all again soon :)

KamaSupra
19-10-08, 23:19
Here's a couple of pics :d Wish I took them when we first met up as could've got better photos eg- spoiler shot of all the supes etc. Also for some reason I haven't got pics of all of us that turned up :think:

juanchan
19-10-08, 23:20
Damn hangovers getting in the way of driving :(

ivan
19-10-08, 23:45
eheh just back.. finaly home!!!

has always.. nice to meet "old" faces and very nice to meet new ones!! sorry i had to leave early this time and didnt have a chat with you ALL!!!! :) next time!!

once again!! Sabrina!! we have loads of chips there.... ehehehe

and no prob about getting hands dirty!!!:)Oi - we'll have less of the "old" faces thank you. ;)

Good to come to this one.
Made for a nice drive round M25 and down M3
See you all again soon :)
Nice to see you too Rob.
Now about those bananas on your head - shouldn't they be tomatoes? :innocent:

SilverSoop
20-10-08, 00:11
Hi guys, im really sorry that I couldn't make this one, I went out last night and got absoultely wrecked and didn't get back between 4/5 am and I was
in no fit state to drive...:(

Im gutted as this meet looked very good too...:(

SilverSoop
20-10-08, 00:13
Here's a couple of pics :d Wish I took them when we first met up as could've got better photos eg- spoiler shot of all the supes etc. Also for some reason I haven't got pics of all of us that turned up :think:

Sorry...:(

Lbm
20-10-08, 01:12
Oi - we'll have less of the "old" faces thank you. ;)

Nice to see you too Rob.
Now about those bananas on your head - shouldn't they be tomatoes? :innocent:

Cheers Ken :d
So I dyed my hair red (to match the car of course)- Maybe I should have started some sort of [-]ridiculous[/-]awesome "What hair colour for me next then?" thread and poll ;)

Suprash
20-10-08, 03:09
Good to meet you all, the new faces, I really cant remember anyones names lol, my brain wasnt really functioning properly after 2 and bit hours sleep, but you'll be pleased to know Im still going lol Good to see the old faces, Si, Chris, Rossie............that must have been my first Supra meet in about 2 years....:D

stevie_b
20-10-08, 08:36
Hi guys, im really sorry that I couldn't make this one .....
Im gutted as this meet looked very good too...:(

Same for me. Ark's car (I presume that's who's it was: the RSP with stock wheels) is possibly my all-time dream supra, and I would have loved to have seen it in the flesh.

Ark
20-10-08, 09:33
Thanks for the kind words Steve, but you're thinking of the other RSP - mine's running bendy after-market wheels, and sporting the 'not washed in, like forever' look :)

Having said that, I managed to splash some soapy water on it, later in the day.

Good to see everyone again. Ken, was it you following me down the A30 afterwards? How'd you manage that? You left way before I did.

ivan
20-10-08, 10:30
I was still in the carpark sorting myself out. Ended up pulling out one car behind you.

Steve, I think the other RSP was DaveK's.

DaveK
20-10-08, 10:33
I was still in the carpark sorting myself out. Ended up pulling out one car behind you.

Steve, I think the other RSP was DaveK's.

It was indeed.

I'd also like to point out that Rosie will never be allowed in it again. As several Supra's pulled up she kept commenting "that was washed this morning" - however, mine was also washed that morning and no such comment was made when I collected her.

Next time, she can walk! :p

DaveK
20-10-08, 10:41
Same for me. Ark's car (I presume that's who's it was: the RSP with stock wheels) is possibly my all-time dream supra, and I would have loved to have seen it in the flesh.

As it's mine, I can tell you it's probably not your dream car. It's one of those NA jobbies....... In fact, I think it might have been the only NA there!

Supragal
20-10-08, 11:18
It was indeed.

I'd also like to point out that Rosie will never be allowed in it again. As several Supra's pulled up she kept commenting "that was washed this morning" - however, mine was also washed that morning and no such comment was made when I collected her.

Your cars ALWAYS look clean!

Fine, drive yourself then :blahblah:

stevie_b
20-10-08, 12:55
As it's mine, I can tell you it's probably not your dream car. It's one of those NA jobbies....... In fact, I think it might have been the only NA there!

Thanks for the kind words Steve, but you're thinking of the other RSP - mine's running bendy after-market wheels, and sporting the 'not washed in, like forever' look :)

Well, both of those RSPs look very nice indeed. Ark, I remember seeing yours whilst driving between Hook and Hartley Wintney once or twice. I remember the previous Epic Fail meet and the state of my car: I'm surprised no-one wrote "Clean Me" or "I wish my wife was this dirrrty" in the grime.

Dave: Au contrare. Being an NA doesn't put me off it at all! My MSB's an NA so I'm quite comfortable with them. Good daily drivers.

KamaSupra
20-10-08, 17:44
Sorry...:(

No worries turbos going wrong is very upsetting, drowning your sorrows is the only way. But gotta say you lightweight! ;) I was at house party till 7am sat morning and on the piss sat night till 4am sunday. I made the meet myself wasn't gonna miss it... No worries though see ya at next one.

Good to meet you all, the new faces, I really cant remember anyones names lol, my brain wasnt really functioning properly after 2 and bit hours sleep, but you'll be pleased to know Im still going lol Good to see the old faces, Si, Chris, Rossie............that must have been my first Supra meet in about 2 years....:D

Always heard your car but never met you before, good to see the car up close rather than driving past me while I wait at roundabouts! :D

How lucky were we the meet was yesterday and not today?! Weather was wet and windy earlier, still wet now!

Suprash
20-10-08, 19:33
It was indeed.

Did she say that about mine....

If so mine was washed the day before:D

how_supra
21-10-08, 09:20
ahh great photos - when's the next one? :)

Supragal
21-10-08, 10:49
Did she say that about mine....

If so mine was washed the day before:D

I think I was distracted by your engine bay!

SilverSoop
21-10-08, 22:10
No worries turbos going wrong is very upsetting, drowning your sorrows is the only way. But gotta say you lightweight! ;) I was at house party till 7am sat morning and on the piss sat night till 4am sunday. I made the meet myself wasn't gonna miss it... No worries though see ya at next one.

Always heard your car but never met you before, good to see the car up close rather than driving past me while I wait at roundabouts! :D

How lucky were we the meet was yesterday and not today?! Weather was wet and windy earlier, still wet now!

Haha, dude, honestly Sambuca and vodka shots, not a good idea...lol...:D

I was in no fit state to drive and was still pi$$ed when I got up! :d

I'll be at the next one though...:)

KamaSupra
21-10-08, 22:42
ahh great photos - when's the next one? :)

I'll be at the next one though...:)

More people are turning up for the meets everytime! :)
Wasn't sure if anyone wanted another one organised as weather is getting crappy?! You want one in November? :yes:
Can be arranged....

GreaseMonkey
21-10-08, 22:52
Yeah, I`d be up for another Meeting. Just depends on the weather obviously, like u say.

SilverSoop
21-10-08, 22:58
More people are turning up for the meets everytime! :)
Wasn't sure if anyone wanted another one organised as weather is getting crappy?! You want one in November? :yes:
Can be arranged....

As the Churchull dog says..."oh yessss" :D

What date are we looking at next month then Dave?? :)

Im glad more and more people are turning up as it is about time that the B/stoke meet gets some proper coverage...:D

KamaSupra
21-10-08, 23:05
I suppose another mid or end of month sort of meet. Probably
16th, 23rd or 30th Nov, all those days are on a sunday as always. Need to see what days people are free so if anyone knows when they want the meet POST UP when your free!
Weather is the only downfall as I only get my car out in the dry... but hey I can turn up in my mondeo if weather is too bad! :D

SilverSoop
21-10-08, 23:08
I suppose another mid or end of month sort of meet. Probably
16th, 23rd or 30th Nov, all those days are on a sunday as always. Need to see what days people are free so if anyone knows when they want the meet POST UP when your free!
Weather is the only downfall as I only get my car out in the dry... but hey I can turn up in my mondeo if weather is too bad! :D

I think maybe a mid month meet like last time??

What do you and veryone else think??

The 16th of November??

KamaSupra
21-10-08, 23:16
I'm thinking 16th or 23rd November myself... Once decided on date or whatever date most people are free I'll post new thread up :)

SilverSoop
21-10-08, 23:18
I'm thinking 16th or 23rd November myself... Once decided on date or whatever date most people are free I'll post new thread up :)

Good man...:D

The 16th OR 23rd does sound a good date though...:)

GlennK
21-10-08, 23:43
16th is good but 23rd is difficult...:rolleyes:

SilverSoop
21-10-08, 23:48
16th is good but 23rd is difficult...:rolleyes:

So the 16th of Nov then??

ivan
22-10-08, 00:11
23rd or 30th would be good for me - I'll be sunning myself in warmer climes until 19th. :D

SilverSoop
22-10-08, 00:15
23rd or 30th would be good for me - I'll be sunning myself in warmer climes until 19th. :D

:thumbdown:

Ok, dont rub it in Ken...:D

Where are you flying off to then?? :) ;)

how_supra
22-10-08, 08:42
I can't make the 30th......

Otherwise anything else works! :)

juanchan
22-10-08, 08:49
23rd or 30th and there's an outside chance I might turn up to one of these meets :d

GlennK
22-10-08, 09:41
Ok. 30th is good too...

Anybody bringing fireworks? :D

heckler
22-10-08, 10:36
any of them for me :D

SilverSoop
22-10-08, 10:44
any of them for me :D

Me too!! :d

how_supra
22-10-08, 11:12
The 30th is NOT good for me.....:(

stevie_b
22-10-08, 12:07
The 30th is NOT good for me.....:(

Quick, book it for the 30th! :D

Only joking Sabrina!

GlennK
22-10-08, 13:03
Oooh...Fireworks already:blink:

KamaSupra
22-10-08, 17:51
23rd or 30th then?! :think: I think 23rd myself is swinging it for me personally.....

danny_silva
22-10-08, 18:12
yeah,23rd for me is fine... and 30th aswell...!! :)

GreaseMonkey
22-10-08, 19:32
The 23rd or the 30th both are ok for me at the moment.

KamaSupra
22-10-08, 23:11
23rd!!!! ;) :D

SilverSoop
22-10-08, 23:53
23rd!!!! ;) :D

Agreed everyone - 23rd then??

heckler
23-10-08, 00:14
Agreed everyone - 23rd then??

Only if you promise to turn up ;)

SilverSoop
23-10-08, 00:58
Only if you promise to turn up ;)

Well, I sure as hell won't be drinking Sambuca and Vodka one after the other again...:d

And yes, I will be there, you can count on me...:innocent: :D

ivan
23-10-08, 10:06
Now in my diary. :D

KamaSupra
23-10-08, 17:40
New thread for sunday Nov 23rd, get yer names down!!!! :D

Pabs
24-10-08, 19:20
I might be there, who knows. More than likely with some form of car.
Still can't decide between a mk3 golf or a pug 306.... hmmmm.
We'll see what i buy! lol

heckler
24-10-08, 19:46
I might be there, who knows. More than likely with some form of car.
Still can't decide between a mk3 golf or a pug 306.... hmmmm.
We'll see what i buy! lol

deffo golf :D

Pabs
24-10-08, 19:49
lol.... so much more expensive tho! Might be able to get a mk3 gti, but more likely to get a 306 xsi I recon, as much cheaper, and a bit quicker too. :)

DaveK
24-10-08, 20:21
lol.... so much more expensive tho! Might be able to get a mk3 gti, but more likely to get a 306 xsi I recon, as much cheaper, and a bit quicker too. :)

I've never had a Golf - but having owned one, I wouldn't recommend a Peugot 306. Total cr*p.

I had the 306 GTI-6 and seriously regretted buying it about 5 minutes after I'd done so. Nothing like paying 18K for a car with the build quality of a car costing half that.....

To be fair - it is the car I bought after selling my black TT 6 speed Supra (long time ago) so it was perhaps fighting an uphill battle.

Pabs
24-10-08, 20:26
thanks for the advice mate. Taken on board. I know the pug isn't in the same league as a golf, but cost cutting etc, and insurance also. Damn golfs are a high insurance group for not really much car! :( Might go and see some golfs this weekend tho, if I can get there!

juanchan
25-10-08, 15:30
I've a mate who drives a 200bhp 306 GTi6 and he loves it. And to be fair, having followed him via some B and A roads to Thruxton from Southampton before now, he left the Supra for dead on the twisties. I'm claiming it was driver failure not car ability though :d

Pabs
25-10-08, 15:31
damn it's hard to make a decision lol....
Definately between a mk3 gti and a pug 306, but would only be the xsi for insurance reasons.

heckler
25-10-08, 15:36
well, i still say golf - as its not french...

Pabs
25-10-08, 15:36
lol, yeah, you've already made your point clear ;)

DaveK
25-10-08, 16:04
I've a mate who drives a 200bhp 306 GTi6 and he loves it. And to be fair, having followed him via some B and A roads to Thruxton from Southampton before now, he left the Supra for dead on the twisties. I'm claiming it was driver failure not car ability though :d

They are adequate speed wise - at least for that kind of car. My issue was that it kind of felt like it was made of tin.