The mkiv Supra Owners Club

4 wheel drive Supra??

SilverSoop

Hi all, just a thought, does anyone think that maybe there should of been an option for the Supra in it's production days, should of been 4wd??

Even though it's fun that it's a rwd car, imagine, with it's engine, gearbox and a 4wd system, that would of been an interesting combination. It would of give Evo's and poobaru's a challenge in the wet and round corners...:eyebrows:

The reason im saying this is a chav tried to have a go at me in his R32 4wd Golf the other day in the wet and unfortunetely, i couldnt get the power down round

the corners and the straights because the she kept trying to put me sideways as it was so wet that day...:(

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

There is as many good things as there are bad to having 4WD, RWD makes the Supra imho

Just have to learn how to use it in the wet more, once you do let us know;)

Lol, in my defence, it was really bad out there, and i value my life and my Supe too much to let that chav kill me!

So, she was warning me not to push her because otherwise, i would of been roadkill...:(

In the dry, Mr chav in his R32 golf would of stood no chance! :eyebrows: :D

Oi Shane!! 2 things, firstly there is nothing chav about the R32 and secondly they certainly ain't Quattro!!! Don't you work for Audi? :D

Supras and wet weather aren't the best combination so take it easy chap.

Only because you drive an R32 Golf lol...:D

No i like the R32, but it was the numpty in the driver's seat that i didnt like lol...:D

It would understeer horribly and drive like a bag o' $#@!e. IMO.

Yeh the Supra does have a heavy engine and heavy body but maybe if Toyota made a lightweight race derived version 4wd system, it could of been good...

The R34 Skyline isnt too bad and that's 4wd drive i believe, maybe Toyota could of adopted this and fine tuned it to the Supra...

Yeh the Supra does have a heavy engine and heavy body but maybe if Toyota made a lightweight race derived version 4wd system, it could of been good...

The R34 Skyline isnt too bad and that's 4wd drive i believe, maybe Toyota could of adopted this and fine tuned it to the Supra...

R34 is also a heavy b*tch!!

Didnt think Chavs drove R32s - they're quiet pricey arnt they?

I'm sure Toyota had other concerns in mind when developing their car mate ;)

Its a RWD GT Coupe.. the best alternative solution would have been a system like the GT-R use... but that'd add even more weight to the car.

Just accept that you're not going to have the grip in the wet like the 4WD will, and tbh its not smart to be racing around in those conditions anyway.

Its a RWD GT Coupe.. the best alternative solution would have been a system like the GT-R use... but that'd add even more weight to the car.

Just accept that you're not going to have the grip in the wet like the 4WD will, and tbh its not smart to be racing around in those conditions anyway.

No, i was just hypothetically speaking, it just would of been interesting thats all...

Except for Gaz...:p :D

Except for Gaz...:p :D

Correct, I'm the WORLDs biggest chav. In fact, let me just grab my faux gold jewellery and my tracksuit and I'll get out of your thread. You carry on racing around in the wet and when I see you in the Golf (or the Supra) I'll give you a wave as I overtake on the way to me Julies'. ;)