The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do I keep, sell or spend?

Sparky

Hi all.

I'm having a really bad time with my Supra (The car itself is fine). For those who have talked to me in person of over pm then you'll know i keep wanting to sell the Supe and then 1 day i'll decide to keep it again.

The problem im having is that theres still a few jobs left to do on the Supra but at the same time I keep finding myself asking the question "Is spending more money going to help".

Im looking at another £400 - 800 to do everything i wanted to do when i first bought the car! Glass headlights, wing and bonnet respray and a few interior/sound upgrades. The thing is ive just been accepted into Hampshire Constabulary (Yes i'll be a Police officer so you can start moaning now) and I don't know whether to spend the money on the Supra or start saving for a flat as i'm moving to Hampshire from Dorset!

Do I keep her, spend money and never look back knowing that i'll never see that money again as N/a's seem to becoming very cheap, or sell and buy a TT that tbh i don't need but have fancied and start all over again!

Or Sell the Supra and buy a runaround until im on my feet in Hampshire and then get another? :rolleyes:

Ahh I hate cars!

I understand where your coming from fellah. I could have saved the money towards getting my own place....or get the supra and do the modifications I want to do.

the supra won! and mines an NA but I'm absolutely delighted with the way its come on and dont regret it for one moment. But from what you've said, the things you want to do are only cosmetic.

Its taken me 9 months to get this far, slow but steady. Make quality mods, dont rush it and dont get down hearted. £400-300 is not a lot and if you make some adjustments to your regular spend it shouldnt take long. I got to about the £2.5K mark then stopped counting! Modifying is an addictive habit and hard to know when to stop but do a little here and there when finances allow and before you know it you'll be a happy chap!

Please dont let it go :( You wont be able to afford to make all those changes once you get your own place!

Linda

x

Hi all.

I'm having a really bad time with my Supra (The car itself is fine). For those who have talked to me in person of over pm then you'll know i keep wanting to sell the Supe and then 1 day i'll decide to keep it again.

The problem im having is that theres still a few jobs left to do on the Supra but at the same time I keep finding myself asking the question "Is spending more money going to help".

Im looking at another £400 - 800 to do everything i wanted to do when i first bought the car! Glass headlights, wing and bonnet respray and a few interior/sound upgrades. The thing is ive just been accepted into Hampshire Constabulary (Yes i'll be a Police officer so you can start moaning now) and I don't know whether to spend the money on the Supra or start saving for a flat as i'm moving to Hampshire from Dorset!

Do I keep her, spend money and never look back knowing that i'll never see that money again as N/a's seem to becoming very cheap, or sell and buy a TT that tbh i don't need but have fancied and start all over again!

Or Sell the Supra and buy a runaround until im on my feet in Hampshire and then get another? :rolleyes:

Ahh I hate cars!

Hello,

Use the rather large paypacket you will be getting, get a loan and take it to Jez and Steve at Silverstone. If you ask them nicely they'll bung a rather nice TT lump into your (as mine was) gasping for power N/A!

It makes a rather large difference!

See this.....http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=123957

Hello,

Use the rather large paypacket you will be getting, get a loan and take it to Jez and Steve at Silverstone. If you ask them nicely they'll bung a rather nice TT lump into your (as mine was) gasping for power N/A!

It makes a rather large difference!

See this.....http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=123957

I did think of that actually. At least i know where the cars been etc etc. Thanx for the advise!