The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie :-)

Guest Mikey_T

Guest Mikey_T

hi there i have just joined this site and have been reading through all the technical documents you guys have supplied on this site and i have certainly learned a few things already lol.

i am looking at buying a supra and i would like to get an aerotop one :-) and i didnt think they did a tt version but now i know they do thanks to you guys.

do you think the tt ones are reliable?

or should i get an n/a version?

any and all help in making my decision would be much appreciated and i am happy to have joined and soon to be part of the supra family :)

Mikey_T

Hello and welcome

The TT cars are very reliable, try and get one that's standard engine wise and then you'll have more confidence in it's reliability and know it hasn't been abused too much.

Even when you do a few mods to increase the boost to achieve more power you'll still have great reliability

hi mike, also if you have any questions about supras there is always someone on here that know the answer (this is why i joined) also, DONT buy a non turbo!!!! wait for the right turbo to come along

ALSO i have a non turbo and have had for a year and am now saving up for a supra that is easily and highly tuneable

there is nothing wrong with a non turbo. i hate people who slag it off just because its not as rapid. the fact is if your useing the car as a daily driver and want to keep running costs lower get a non turbo. not that im dissing the tt but i still wouldnt get one after 6 months owning a non turbo

there is nothing wrong with a non turbo. i hate people who slag it off just because its not as rapid. the fact is if your useing the car as a daily driver and want to keep running costs lower get a non turbo. not that im dissing the tt but i still wouldnt get one after 6 months owning a non turbo

hear!!! hear!!! well said

the n/a va TT arguement goes on lol

test drive them both then ring your insurance company then get a N/a when the quote you lol

Welcome!!

Shame really, M5W TT has just let his black NA aerotop for for bugger all to a dealer. It is now advertised at 6k......:blink:

Depends on what you want from a car. If you want to go like a rocket and have plenty of money go TT. If you like posing on the cheap go NA. You will also find a NA aerotop easier to find too!!

H.

Guest Mikey_T

i had a look last friday at an aerotop tt that one was up for 8000 it had a few mods but tht wasn't what bothered me it had kurbed wheels discouloured headlights its the little things that bother me and it was partly modified and when the bloke next door said it goes like a rocket i automatically thought how do you know that lol lol.

the fuel costs etc dont really worry me as it will be like my weekend car and in a garage during the week. will have a cheap crappy diesel car for work :-)

but heh keep on looking and i will find the right one eventually lol.

pretty much sold the car i have now which will help towards my supra and thats a vauxhall 2l 4x4 turbo nice car but fancy a proper car now!

and is it true what they say? once you go jap you never go back?:)

The tt is only n/a till 4krpm anyway :p

The turbos make positive boost before 2K rpm on the TT.

Welcome to the club Mikey :thumbs:

Both the NA and TT are good reliable cars if properly maintained. How much experience of rear wheel drive cars do you have? The TT can be a bit of a handful, even for a fairly experienced driver at first. personally I'd try to test drive both and see which takes your fancy.

Good luck with your search.

Nice one Nic, beat me to it lol.

Welcome to the club Mikey.

Once Jap never back is right. Reliability and quality are through the roof compared to many other makes.

Don't let little things like yellowed lights put you off a good car mate, just knock the price down 300 quid for new ones.

Main thing with these cars is history, service and import. Receipts etc.

Have fun and post pics when you're sorted mate. :)

Guest Mikey_T

thanks for the warm welcome :).

and where in essex am i from? Witham if any of you know's where that is! its near chelmsford.

i want a tt but if i find a nice n/a i will get it im more interested in it being solid and good looking than how fast it goes. :)

and to answer the other question about have i ever driven a rwd the answer is no lol all fwd and 1 4x4 cos im sure my lorry at work dont count ha ha ha ha.

and im sure it will be an experience at first with a tt mostly in the wet but if i dont try how can i learn :)

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.jsp?page=1&searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=TOYOTA&min_pr=6000&source=0&model=SUPRA&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=cm8+1ty&bodyid=0&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&ukcarsearch_full.x=49&ukcarsearch_full.y=10

check this link your looking for the black supra £6995 from lawson sport and performance its only a 3.0 litre 5 speed manual but thats what i want mine to look like i love the bomex big mouth bumper :)

but still looking!

Guest Mikey_T

from what you lot say it seems like quite a few supra owners in essex but i dont see that many about!

at one point i was thinking about getting a skyline but i see more of them now than supras and dont even get me started on impreza's there are common as muck now and a big no no for me :)

and if there are a few of us from essex that have supras then it must mean we have good taste right?

Guest Mikey_T

i would love to come to the meet up and get feedback from you guys in person but i work 6pm til 5-6am everyday what time is the meet up?