The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pulled By The Police - Again

mr lover

Pull again for my number plate :D don't mind that so much, it was just the way he said " I have been waiting for a chance to stop you"

One of the local police, so he has been watching me for a while I think :sly:

he mite be a little you know :limp:

just a warning to take his advise ;)

So you are obviously going to change it then........:D

I am riding around with an envelope with £60 in it just to cover any problems like that. It's like next time I go to Le Mans I am goig to have an envelope with 180 Euro's in it to cover 2 speeding offences, after that I will slow doen a bit....;)

H.

Can't the French police frog march you to a cash machine, and fine you up to 400 euros on the spot? Not wanting to put a dampener on your fun, but if you did get caught out by something like that, it wouldn't be fun! :)

So you are obviously going to change it then........:D

I am riding around with an envelope with £60 in it just to cover any problems like that. It's like next time I go to Le Mans I am goig to have an envelope with 180 Euro's in it to cover 2 speeding offences, after that I will slow doen a bit....;)

H.

Can't the French police frog march you to a cash machine, and fine you up to 400 euros on the spot? Not wanting to put a dampener on your fun, but if you did get caught out by something like that, it wouldn't be fun! :)

It was 90 Euro's last time.........:innocent: That was for 84 in a 60 limit!!

Officer: Son, your eyes look red, have you been drinking?

Motorist: Officer, your eyes look glazed have you been eating donuts?

:confused: :shrug:

H.

Pull again for my number plate :D don't mind that so much, it was just the way he said " I have been waiting for a chance to stop you"

thats harrasement and is against the law!

and a warning for what? that he will pull you again next time he sees you?

what a pr**k tell him to fook off he cant do sh*t

watch his face then,just :D smile and drive off

Guest mk47
Officer: Son, your eyes look red, have you been drinking?

Motorist: Officer, your eyes look glazed have you been eating donuts?

:rlol: thats funny not because its funny but very random

Isn't there a load of loop holes around the size of plates and that the cops cant actually do anything more than keep telling you to change it. Im sure I saw a thread about this a while ago. Either way they cant just wait to pull you over, that is harasment.

i got a fixed penalty £30 fine for my rear plate which he got out a tape and told me it was half inch to short he never looked at the front plate that was 9"x3" and never even asked for a licence or give me a producer,

it was the end of the month probably needed to get his figures up

A mate of mine had a bike plate on his fto and he got pulled the coper actualy took out a screwdriver removed the plate gave him a producer and told him to go get a proper plate from halfords lol he was well pissed off.

Isn't there a load of loop holes around the size of plates and that the cops cant actually do anything more than keep telling you to change it. Im sure I saw a thread about this a while ago. Either way they cant just wait to pull you over, that is harasment.

I doubt it. Many years ago I was pulled on a bike for having a small number plate (which was barely smaller than legal anyway) and a purple headlight cover. I didn't even get on the spot fine - went to court and I was fined £100.

i got a fixed penalty £30 fine for my rear plate which he got out a tape and told me it was half inch to short he never looked at the front plate that was 9"x3" and never even asked for a licence or give me a producer,

it was the end of the month probably needed to get his figures up

9" x 3" is a bloody small plate!!

Mine is 13 x 3 and it looks really shady.....:innocent:

Pics

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5687/pict0814uf6.jpg

The legal plate should be 20.5 x 4.5" LOL!!;)

H.

I got pulled again yesterday too, told me my plates were too small, writing wrong etc. he then took photos of them in case i want to got to court,i asked if he needed my permission to do this and apparently not. told me if i was stopped again dvla will confiscate reg and put it on a q plate. Got another 30 quid fine and reported to dvla!!!!

thats harrasement and is against the law!

and a warning for what? that he will pull you again next time he sees you?

what a pr**k tell him to fook off he cant do sh*t

watch his face then,just :D smile and drive off

Yeah good advice that. And before you start, it's not harassment, it's doing his job. Small/undersized or no plates piss the old bill off massively.I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Might it be a reason like; Mr lets say BMW driver is driving down by your house/workplace/kids school whatever, hits someone kills them and drives off. Loads of witnesses about, but none of the got his number because his plate was too small/undersized or he didn't even have one? What then?

Scourge of the earth I hear you say. Does it make it better because, God forbid, Mr Lover got a few words of advice? So what? Sometimes it's better to eat the humble pie than a can of CS Gas and a pair of size tens and some time in the cells for being a gobshite eh? ;)

Yeah good advice that. And before you start, it's not harassment, it's doing his job. Small/undersized or no plates piss the old bill off massively.I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Might it be a reason like; Mr lets say BMW driver is driving down by your house/workplace/kids school whatever, hits someone kills them and drives off. Loads of witnesses about, but none of the got his number because his plate was too small/undersized or he didn't even have one? What then?

Scourge of the earth I hear you say. Does it make it better because, God forbid, Mr Lover got a few words of advice? So what? Sometimes it's better to eat the humble pie than a can of CS Gas and a pair of size tens and some time in the cells for being a gobshite eh? ;)

Spoken like a true copper!!

Reminds me of ME....6 years ago!! I used to be a good un, but now I am on the "dark side" of the law!! :D

H.