The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pulled By The Police - Again

mr lover

what a pr**k tell him to fook off he cant do sh*t

watch his face then,just smile and drive off

Don't you flippin believe it sonny.

Any sign of that and they'll slap a fine and producer on you as soon as look at you.

Oh and Jezzy: DVLA can and do confiscate personalised plates if abused.

Guest Geneb
no speed involved here, doing less than 20mph driving through local estate

pulled you for being to old and fat for posing in a TT Aerotop and having a saxo roof spoiler:p

Yeah good advice that. And before you start, it's not harassment, it's doing his job. Small/undersized or no plates piss the old bill off massively.I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Because you cant see the plate for the bag of donuts?

funny thing doug the old bill do the coffee and donut run on saturdays at my shop and i pissed myself laughing because one of them refused to goto somerfields for more because he was in uniform and people would take the piss LOL:p :p

Yeah good advice that. And before you start, it's not harassment, it's doing his job. Small/undersized or no plates piss the old bill off massively.I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Might it be a reason like; Mr lets say BMW driver is driving down by your house/workplace/kids school whatever, hits someone kills them and drives off. Loads of witnesses about, but none of the got his number because his plate was too small/undersized or he didn't even have one? What then?

Scourge of the earth I hear you say. Does it make it better because, God forbid, Mr Lover got a few words of advice? So what? Sometimes it's better to eat the humble pie than a can of CS Gas and a pair of size tens and some time in the cells for being a gobshite eh? ;)

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Just so you know you lot, police can seize your plates under section 19 of the police and criminal evidence act as its evidence of an offence, you then can't drive the car until such time as you get proper plates put on. If you do, you're in big trouble. ;)

Don't you flippin believe it sonny.

Any sign of that and they'll slap a fine and producer on you as soon as look at you.

Oh and Jezzy: DVLA can and do confiscate personalised plates if abused.

Like using a yellow bolt to make an 8 look like a 0? :D:D

Lol @ this thread. I got pulled on Sun for no plate.

After playing, pulling into a bus lane, stopping then driving out into the car park across the rd :innocent: She said she thought i was going to run.

She let me off, i now have legal plates on front and back as havent really got time to flirt with attractive female officers :D

I have no problems with people having to have a legal number plate on the rear, but the only reason I can see for them being petty about a front plate is so safety/surveillance cameras can read it. Many countries (e.g. the US) don't even require front plates. I doubt anyone's ever reversed away from a hit and run.

:looney:

Mines 12 x 3 :p

vbpgimage.jpg

Mine is 13 x 3 and it looks really shady.....:innocent:

I agree with what you are saying but the Supra stands out a little more than other cars and is easily distinguishable - but then it would be one rule for us and another for them - a bit like normal people and famous people who get away with a lot more than most would

Yeah Mr lets say BMW driver is driving down by your house/workplace/kids school whatever, hits someone kills them and drives off. Loads of witnesses about, but none of the got his number because his plate was too small/undersized or he didn't even have one? What then?

;)

Guest Fruity

Might it be a reason like; Mr lets say BMW driver is driving down by your house/workplace/kids school whatever, hits someone kills them and drives off. Loads of witnesses about, but none of the got his number because his plate was too small/undersized or he didn't even have one? What then?

Scourge of the earth I hear you say. Does it make it better because, God forbid, Mr Lover got a few words of advice? So what? Sometimes it's better to eat the humble pie than a can of CS Gas and a pair of size tens and some time in the cells for being a gobshite eh? ;)

Totally right. I've been pulled many times over the years for using small plates on my HondaFireblade, but at no point did I blame the copper for it. I chose to ignore the law regarding plates, exhaust, visor, etc. and I was big enough to take the rap when i got pulled.

If you dont want the attention, keep it legal.

These guys are the ones who are looking after us, not our enemies :search:

If you dont want the attention, keep it legal.

These guys are the ones who are looking after us, not our enemies :search:

:thumbs:

I've been pulled once for it and got a rectification notice. According to the info Doug and others have posted you have be be formally warned for it twice (i.e. have a notice of fine issued), on the 3rd time they have the right to remove your registration and issue a Q plate (which cannot be removed, ever).

I have one more chance left, if I get another warning a proper plate will have to go on. I've only be warned that once in 3 years without a front plate though :innocent:

I read somewhere (I'll admit on a site selling plates (Can't remember which one, damn me)) that as long at the writing is the correct size, the size of the plate doesn't matter, and that those fancy chav cutout style ones were technically legal... (Although they look $|-|!T)...

Also that import cars can use the Jap plate font (The one that looks a bit like the Impact font IIRC)...

i think smaller plates, funny writing, personalised plates, bolts in wrong places look stupid and tacky. Like your poseing and trying to draw attention to yourself (like you dont already).

Just use a legal plate. they dont look bad. and you dont make me think "look at that cnt." :)

I saw a 003 *** number placte the other day. which i thaught was odd

i think smaller plates, funny writing, personalised plates, bolts in wrong places look stupid and tacky. Like your poseing and trying to draw attention to yourself (like you dont already).

Just use a legal plate. they dont look bad. and you dont make me think "look at that cnt." :)

I saw a 003 *** number placte the other day. which i thaught was odd

number plates with three or four numbers, then a 'D' then more numbers, are diplomats, careful, they are excempt from almost everything, including insurance [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

I have now had 2 warnings about my front plate and had to change it to a legal size as I cant afford to chance one more and loose my personal reg. The thing that annoys me is my small plate that I was running on the front could be seen clearly by speed cameras and the like as I got caught by one, with digital photos now days they can be blown up. The front of my car has never looked nice since I have had the standard size stick on one. What did annoy me though is the copper told me the rear plate was also ilegal, its the standard square toyota size ? I said to him I'll let you have the front one but honest the rear is legal, he wasnt having it though, and there is no point in trying to argue with a copper........

Doug, nice to hear that you have to actually get a fine or notice before each count gets as Im sure on at least one occassion I didnt get a fine but he did say that it would be noted, but in all fairness its really not worth running the risk for the sake of a few more months until the next time.....

I find the whole 'small number plate' issue a bit moronic.

It is so dead obvious that a plate is not legal, that people are actively begging to be stopped. Once stopped, nothing good can come out. Best case is they'll go away with a warning, worst case is they'll get lippy and end up with court appearances, fines and aggro.

And they've only got themselves to blame, lol.:(

I've never had an illegaly-sized plate, on a bike or car.

I've been known to have illegible or missing plates (especially when feeling 'the need for speed') but never undersized.

A small plate shows intent to pervert the course of justice, even if you keep your mouth shut.:rolleyes:

On the other hand, no plate or dirty plate can easily be passed on as 'natural' if you have half a braincell.:innocent:

Announced in a 2002 ammendment to the Display of registration marks act, which states imported cars which do not have type approval are allowed smaller plates as long as the follow the following rules;

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/uksi_20022687_en.pdf

"(2) After regulation 14, insert the following regulation”

Size and spacing of characters: special cases

14A.”(1) This regulation applies in relation to any vehicle imported into the United Kingdom which”

(a) does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval; and

(b) is so constructed that the area available for the fixing of the registration plate precludes the display on the plate of a registration mark in conformity with the requirements of regulation 14.

(2) In relation to a vehicle to which this regulation applies”

(a) each character in the registration mark must be 64 millimetres high;

(b) the width of each character of the mark, other than the letter I and the figure 1, must be 44 millimetres;

© the width of every part of the stroke forming a character in a mark must be 10 millimetres;

(d) the spacing between any two characters within a group must be 10 millimetres;

(e) the vertical spacing between groups of characters must be 5 millimetres;

(f) the width of a margin between the mark and the top and lateral sides of the registration plate must be not less than 5 millimetres;

(g) the space between the bottom of the mark and the bottom of the registration plate must be not less than 13 millimetres; but, within that space, the space between the bottom of the mark and the top of the name and postcode of the person by whom the plate was supplied must be not less than 5millimetres.(a)

Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport.

David Jamieson

Parliamentary Under Secretary of State,

24th October 2002 Department for Transport"