The mkiv Supra Owners Club

same sensation different smell !!!!

top secret car

hi there people Ive just signed up and i like what i sey on this site been signed up for about 15 minutes and now i'm going to pay for life time membership I'm a 23 year old lad owned a supra for about 3 months and all ready stripped it to its bear shell ready for the wide arch supra kit coming from japan and i bet your wondering how a 23 year old is paying for all of this well it ant my mum and dad that's for shore and between me and you the tax man wont be getting much this year either thats for shure LOL :eyebrows: PS: hope to meat some nice people on here and when my cars completed in mid June i hope to go to every cruise and every meet, up and down the countrey

thats the thing at the minute Ive found a mint 98 jdm twin turbo vvti engine with only 35,000 miles on it with the 6-speed gearbox and all the accessories but some bloke put me of buying it because he said the 93-97 engines are more tunable for a lot less money

There are some more complex aspects to tuing the VVTI, the fly by wire throttle and VVTI setup can cause some issues but I think most have been worked out now. The VVTI setup allows better mid range response so is worth doing provided you have all the parts.

...on that note, are you thinking about retrofitting one? Be aware that the VVTI requires a completely different loom and ECU, its a b*astard to do unless you have everything from a donor car.

thats the thing at the minute Ive found a mint 98 jdm twin turbo vvti engine with only 35,000 miles on it with the 6-speed gearbox and all the accessories

Where did you see this?

Be careful, there is a scam VVTi engine and box that has been on eBay a few times

but if anybody out there has a 93-97 twin turbo engine and 6 speed gearbox with under 45,000 miles on it that wants to sell it to a desperate bloke who wants more power than a non turbo engine then id really like to here from you and i would also prefer all the accessories so its near enough an easy engine swap thanks

Any pics materialised yet?

I'm trying to get a lead to transfer them onto the pc and i'm still waiting on the body kit from japan so i only have pics of my supra striped to its bear shell but the pics i have got of my car make it look very poorly indeed :( but its all fun when your modifying but ill sort them pics out very soon so you all can have a laugh