The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 Black Facelift 6sp TT BPU (56K beware)

jevansio

NOT FOR SALE

I'm regrettably putting up for sale my beautifull black Supra. Lets start off with the general details:

It's a black 1997 facelift import. It's got a genuine 41K miles on. It's got a pretty impressive service history:

9/2000 - 19K miles

12/2001 - 25K miles

12/2002 - 27K miles

12/2003 - 30K miles

01/2005 - 32K miles

01/2006 - 34K miles

09/2006 - 40K miles (carried out by me as soon as I got the car, involved fully synthetic oil change & filter, new NGK Iridium BKR8EIX plugs).

Cambet was changed in late 2005 @ 33K miles.

There's loads of receipt history for stuff spent on the car by me & previous owners, along with some origional japanese documents (owners manual etc).

It's taxed & tested for 12 months. CAT alarm & imobiliser (with installation certificate). HPI clear (checked by me when I bought the car with certificate, although you're welcome to get it checked yourself).

Onto the mods:

It's got a brand new HKS Titanium Racing exhaust (4") with twin Envy Decat pipes (3") with 1.2 Bar ring. New 4" XS Power FMIC with Greddy hard pipe kit. HKS EVC Boost Controller running 1.0 Bar with FCD. HKS Mushroom Induction Cone. HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve. I've put UK Spec front brakes on (which were in great condition from Michel).

Suspension wise it's got the factory option TRD upgraded suspension (springs are HKS, shockers are unknown, billies I assume) which makes it sit that little lower. Wheels are mint condition (

Interior is in great condition (as you'd assume for a car with only 41K miles on), seats are the leather electric ones. Air con is very cold and was regassed 3 years ago.

Exterior is subtle, with the origional UK bonnet scoop fitted (along with rain guard underneath), UK lip spoiler (locked down, not active), and the OEM side skirts & rear spats.

It's got a double din clarion cd stereo which works but the display doesn't so you don't know what channel it's on (not that you need it with the HKS Ti).

Car runs like a dream and has never given me the slightest of trouble, and it's going to be hard to let go, reason for sale so soon after getting it is that I'm after a new house some point this year.

Bad points:

Well if I had to pick something it would be the ding in the passenger quarter (see pic 2) where the skirt meets the panel. Looks like somebody has kicked a football there at some point. Paint is fine and when I had it in at the bodyshop to get the UK scoop fitted they said it would pull out easy (would need access from behind though - meant pulling out the interior panel in the back - so I just left it planning on getting it done in the summer).

Also it needs a new aeriel mast (£30 from Mr T - may even get this sorted myself over the next couple of weeks to give you even less to haggle over :D)

If I've missed anything please let me know, either post here or PM me, car is located in Durham BTW.

Great car, dont let it go cheap, hold out for the right money even if it means keeping it! Id say thats 90% the perfect supra for any potential supra owner!

Cheers Rayman, that's exactly my reasoning, I don't really want to let it go, and it's going to take the right price for me to part, if not I save up the extra money for the house, it just delays the move a little.

Thanks for the kind words Mark.

Great news (for me), I don't need to sell the Supra anymore, instead of buying a bigger house for mucho dosh, I'm getting an extension on mine (don't know why I didn't think of this before), means I can have a double garage & an extra berdoom.

Thanks for all the comments, sorry if I've gotten anyones hopes up I'm sorry (although if anyone had come in the short time it was up for sale I would have sold it).

Jay

Guest Nicholas
Great news (for me), I don't need to sell the Supra anymore, instead of buying a bigger house for mucho dosh, I'm getting an extension on mine (don't know why I didn't think of this before), means I can have a double garage & an extra berdoom.

Thanks for all the comments, sorry if I've gotten anyones hopes up I'm sorry (although if anyone had come in the short time it was up for sale I would have sold it).

Jay

Congrats mate, you would have regretted selling anyway! :)

Jay

Thats a good boy.......didn't make any rash decisions..... :)

Congrats mate, you would have regretted selling anyway! :)

Cheers Nick, I was gutted writing the advert out, also it would have been impossible to replace had I regretted it, I'd never have been able to get hold of another set of those wheels, and finding another car in similar condition would have probably meant importing a low mileage VVTI which would have left me well out of pocket when the whole point was to save cash

J

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.