The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Racelogic Problem - Engine cut out whilst changing digi adjuster!

Sheefa

Hi all,

Chris Wilson is currently fitting RLTC to my car with the help of good man Pete too. There seems however to be a fundamental problem with either the firmware on the unit or the DAT file.:rolleyes:

Everything is up and running fine and you can change the settings on the Digi-Adjuster OK, but when you change the settings whilst the engine is running, THE ENGINE CUTS OUT COMPLETELY.:Pling:

Could this be the cause of a poor DAT file, old firmware or something else? Pete has tried this on his car and the problem is the same, though there isn't a fault with the RLTC unit itself I believe.

Is this a 'normal' problem? Anyone else experience this? Would love to hear Matt Harwoods and Terminators thoughts on this please. ;)

I will give the guys at Racelogic a shout.

Help!

Thanks,

Greg

PS: Chris/Pete - does that about cover the problem? Anything else to add?

EDIT: Thanks Matt for helping out. Good to speak to you. Can you please post up what you recommended re the datalogging? :)

Just a quick one, is it just literally everytime you change the %? or when you go into settings? as engine cuts will kill the engine!

Every time you change % knob whilst running normally without serial lead connected.

Engine cut tests all perform as expected.