The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Poly Urethane Bushings

Lebsteif

i have heard that PU bushings are a worthy upgrade for the supra especially with track days.

Is there quality difference between PU bushings from brand A and B or is it all the same quality because they are all made out of the same material?

Which ones are recommended?

Maybe a stupid question but i want to be sure before i buy something.

• 4 weeks later...

I fitted a set of fronts on my old supra, and I didn't really enjoy the process.

I had no press, just a big vice and a lot of inginuity. getting the new ones in is easy, getting the old ones out was a royal PITA. It's a high labour upgrade, and didn't really give me (normal driver) any real gain may have even made thing worse on really rough roads.

I still have a set of rear am bushes should anyone want to try it!

mine came from dusty.

Looks like TRD do a replacement bush set :-

http://trdparts.jp/english/list_jza80.html

They have discontinued all but one of the rear bushes, all the upper and lower front bushes are still available.

Personally I would replace with new OEM arms instead, so you get new ball joints, which are an integral part of the arm, so not possible to replace separately.

I specifically left my rears rubber because I wanted the precsion of turn in on the front but not the nervousness on the rear that poly's can give (so i've been told)...

maybe I would have had better results if I had changed them all?

you should ask chris - he seems to be the suspensionmeister. I think that it's worth finding the right the shocks/springs first -

I've had 4 different setups now, and it's always the shocks and setup that makes the biggest difference.

spending the money on them and geometry before poly, everyone says poly is a pain, and I always though they were being drama queens, so I did mine, and then I wished I had taken their advice!

you should ask chris - he seems to be the suspensionmeister. I think that it's worth finding the right the shocks/springs first -

I've had 4 different setups now, and it's always the shocks and setup that makes the biggest difference.

spending the money on them and geometry before poly, everyone says poly is a pain, and I always though they were being drama queens, so I did mine, and then I wished I had taken their advice!

Chris sees poly bushes as inferior according to THIS POST of his