The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Snapped timing belt

penguin

the saga continues.... :( was driving back in my rover from leeds last night..... "WAADDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOM"..... pulled over and car was just dead :( ... tried to start her up... the starter engaged... but nothing... sods law being what it is - i had her booked in for a timing belt change next saturday :(

waited for the RAC who i have to say were very professional - they checked her out and said the timing belt indeed snapped :( .... possible valve,piston,crank damage :cry:

but on a lighter note.... my cousin found a complete 90k engine on ebay and won for £50 :blink:

i just need a hug :( ...........:sly:

• 2 weeks later...

well folks.... it really is SODS LAW - and i'm always, it seems, at the end of it... i been waiting for around 2 weeks for the guy to change my engine over - which he did but it didnt run right... anyhow... today i got fed up so went down and check things over with him myself... took off the inlet manifold, injectors... all vacume hoses... and then went through my haynes manual bit by bit.... lo and behold - few hours later fired her up... and.....

SHES WORKING :D - full gas and petrol :D:D ... but then out of curiosity - i ripped the head off the old engine.... NO DAMAGE TO PISTONS/BORES.. OR VALVES.... i was GUTTED!!! and so was my mechanic - we both agreed it was pure chance it survived with no damage as i was doing just under 100 leptons and 4000rpm when it snapped - would of been a simple timing belt change and job done :cry:

Guy was so impressed with my mechanical/technical ability he offered me a saturday job :) so i said i'd give him and hand now and then (keep myself busy and do my cars free ;) )

Mr BoombasticTiger is looking for an engine if you need to get rid of the old one.

Thats OK so long as he doesn't mind it being a rover K series lump :D

the saga continues.... :( was driving back in my rover from leeds last night..... "WAADDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOM"..... pulled over and car was just dead :(

but on a lighter note.... my cousin found a complete 90k engine on ebay and won for £50 :blink:

i just need a hug :( ...........:sly: