The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Momo Steering Wheel Boss Fitted - Eureka!!

Voo51

Hi

Right, I know this have been covered many a time but i have took some pics of the actual boss when modified, well, modified the way i did it!! All i did was cut 45 degree angles from the base of the hole, pics will follow shortly when i get home and upload them. The boss fits perfectly though, and, you cannot really see what has been done unless you look really close.

And so, i have just fitted my momo steering wheel boss and wheel perfectly!

As i say, pics will be posted in a few hours(providing my steering wheel doent come off on the way home!!):D

Heres the pics, started by taking the standard steering wheel off as normal(make sure your wheels are straight before you start), then put the boss up against the hub and see roughly where you have to cut, with mine it was 45 degree angles froom the base of the hole where the small stalk comes through.

I then cut a metal cutter guy to just cut through the metal, cut the top piece straight off!!

Ithen put the boss against the hub, made sure it fit ok, slide the rubber cover over the boss, making sure you get it round the base of the boss(it is a tight fit) then continued to fit steering wheel.

Once the boss and wheel is fitted you cannot hardly see where is cut unless your looking for it.

Walla, steering wheel!!

Also, just incase some members didnt know, the momo boss for the supra also fits the mk2 MR2 momo part 7728. I searched for a mr2 momo boss on ebay and got one for £15.

the supra boss and mr2 boss is one in the same, you just have to get them cut so they fit perfect, it took the metal cutter literally 2 mins to do.

Sorry i meant the supra ones that are the best part of a ton and fit with no mods.

I might get a cheapo one and do what youve done, looks easy enough from your pics.