The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone thinking of selling up a top of the line single?

Mike B

I'll be looking for a top of the line single from now through the winter, so if anyone is planning on selling up let me know.

No major rush - I have the cash in place, just looking for the right car TBH...

Looking for something t61/67, phr stage 1, that kind of thing,

cheers!

Hi Guys,

Manual...

and I have a lovely TT right now, with a lot of the stuff I would need.

When you factor in all the work, the hassle, and the price of doing it right... it makes my head spin, so I'm looking for a good example ready done. After all, even if it is as close to the perfect car there is always a lot of work to be done to make just how you want it!

I'm prepared to wait for the right car, after all we are still driving around on dry roads so winter is the time when people would consider selling...

it would go to a good home!

Hi Guys,

Manual...

and I have a lovely TT right now, with a lot of the stuff I would need.

When you factor in all the work, the hassle, and the price of doing it right... it makes my head spin, so I'm looking for a good example ready done. After all, even if it is as close to the perfect car there is always a lot of work to be done to make just how you want it!

I'm prepared to wait for the right car, after all we are still driving around on dry roads so winter is the time when people would consider selling...

it would go to a good home!

mike i will keep an eye on show cars in jp but they tend to be slightly bigger turbos

Why do you head spin =), are you planing to do it yourself ?

Just leave the car to a shop that know what they are doing and come back 1 month later to pick up your singel, seems you got the money.

No headache at all, if y have got a perfect TT alredy then you should stick to it and put the money on its engine.

PS:If its the one on your avatar, i would never sell it.

:yeahthat:

Looks like your car is in A1 condition so just add the single of your choice and sell your stock tubbies. I know theres a bit more to it than that but you already have your car how you want it except for the single. If you bought a car already done you would still have to customise it to your own tastes.

Good luck in whatever you choose though:)

Why do you head spin =), are you planing to do it yourself ?

Just leave the car to a shop that know what they are doing and come back 1 month later to pick up your singel, seems you got the money.

No headache at all, if y have got a perfect TT alredy then you should stick to it and put the money on its engine.

That's my car in the avatar - it's a good example, but you can make any car look good with enough time and patience - a lot of my car would go in the new, but the conversion costs at a tuner are far more expensive than just changing cars.

- and there is so much other stuff you need to do it properly; all the guages, clutch, diff, rltc, susp, etc...

I just don't have the time to do and make sure it's done right.

I'm not after a drag monster - something quick that's driveable.

I hear what you say Jurgen, I'm not man enough for t88!

That's my car in the avatar - it's a good example, but you can make any car look good with enough time and patience - a lot of my car would go in the new, but the conversion costs at a tuner are far more expensive than just changing cars.

- and there is so much other stuff you need to do it properly; all the guages, clutch, diff, rltc, susp, etc...

I just don't have the time to do and make sure it's done right.

I'm not after a drag monster - something quick that's driveable.

I hear what you say Jurgen, I'm not man enough for t88!

i will see if i can find something japside and you can maybe swap the turbos if its cost effective

I tend to agree with Mike on the single front.

Surely you would be getting a better deal by buying a car already done? By that I mean if you paid £15k for a nice single car, it would cost Mike more than that (inc cost of his own car) to reach the same spec?

I don't think I'd convert my own car, I'd sell it and get one already done.

I also think it's a good way to go, although I would say be prepared to spend - even if it says it's all done. The trial supra came out of their showroom all done, showing 640 rwhp on pump gas etc. Yet I've spent quite a bit on it.

That said, to build my car would cost more than double what I have spent on buying and modding the car ;)

All the best in your search mate.

All the best in your search mate.

Thanks matey, - are you enjoying yours? The car was up newcastle when I was trying to winkle some brakes out of Jurgens brother. looked like a monster, they said it was quick! came with semi slick tyres on if I remember...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.