The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 Twin Turbo VVTi 6-spd Man

Guest tall paul

Guest tall paul

Twin Turbo VVTi 6-spd Manual.

Gun Metal Grey. Converted to UK spec inc. full Portland Grey Leather trim. Facelift dash, driver&passenger airbags.

Immaculate condition inside and out.

17" Alloys with the larger export sized brakes, TRAC/ABS

CD/MP3 Player with uprated speakers & AMPs.

This car was personally selected & imported by myself on 8k and owned since. 105k miles, 90% on the motorway.

Its got a completely stock engine & bodywork, no extra power modifications or extra skirts etc.

FSH, Brand new clutch fitted a couple of months back & Shocks+Brakes were all replaced within last 5k.

12months MOT, 6months tax.

If you need any further details/photos just ask, i'll normally reply within a couple of days (travelling round South America at the moment - hence the sale).

Car is with my brother who is kindly keeping it ticking over, if anyone wants a test I can pass his details on.

Price - 10,500 pounds [email protected]

Cheers, Paul.

Nice car mate, should sell easy!

Thats a decent price for a VVTi 6spd, even with average mileage. There's what 20-25 of these in the UK, they're a bit rare!

Edited, misunderstood GeordieSteve's post :D

Sorry but imho with stock wheels,exhaust,engine etc think you're asking a bit much.

You dont get any money back for mods, unless its heavily modified and even then you're lucky to reclaim anywhere near whats been spent on it.

I think it's plenty for it too, its over the 100K mileage, new suspensions bushes galore to tighten it up. NO side skirts, prob no REAS, perhaps a fairly average set of tyres, and the leather colour wouldnt be a lot of people choice. So, its vvti, which means no aem possibilities, ever see the price for hks cams on one of these? VVti prices are over inflated for 20 more bhp.

Chilli boys car which i misssed (bummer) was a 97 non vvti, with beautiful high quality wheels, sbc id/power meter, decat and dragger, stereo upgrade, f1's etc, and sold for this money, in the best colour (RSP) and less fustrating tuning.

Realistically its £9K with this mileage. IMHO.

no no no that is too damn cheap. mods - get a good set of alloys for less than £1k then set it off with a front wing = finished. VVti increases economy and torque and economy, which is particularly good at low revs on hills. You couldnt import a quality example for that price.

I found the near stock VVTi plenty powerful - powerful enough that I couldnt lay all the power down without the back wobbling. I would pay for a stock VVTi without mods.

also, note the changes happening in the Japanese economy. They are getting over their fear of second hand cars - recent economic data at car dealers suggests this. I wouldnt be surprised to see marginal increases in import values over the coming year as the Japanese employment and pay increases kick in. The economy is emerging out of its deflationary period finally, and so prices will increase.

look. my 1993 cavalier is on 176,000 miles and I still blast 95 mph on the m-ways. my neighbours Astra Estate 96 is on 360,000 miles. Wake up - 100k is not much in the modern era, especially for a £50k+ sports car holding a high tech and modern engine design.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.