The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 Twin Turbo VVTi 6-spd Man

Guest tall paul

Guest tall paul

lol - hijack away!

I really wasn't sure what level to price it at, as one the one hand I've never seen a 98 for this cheap. But on the other its what a some people will consider high mileage, although I think seeing the engine has only ever been in standard tune it'll be quite happy to run for another 100k and the rest. I hope its a fair price which will sell, will just have to see how much interest I get!

Think someone mentioned the tyres - they're in perfect condition, rears are brand new and the fronts are nearly new. Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s all round.

2002 prices (When production finished) :

[qimg]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/951/copyofjdmsuprapricing20026gv.gif[/qimg]

4,480,000 Yen = £21,500

That explains why a 2002 RSP vvti with 14K miles went at auction in Tokoyo auction for £14,400 last April. I still think vvti's in the uk are over priced.

Having said that, if this car was coming a bit keener, I might just purchase, as I am bored shitless without a Supra.

Sorry but imho with stock wheels,exhaust,engine etc think you're asking a bit much.

Sorry mate! You're wrong. 6 Speed, 1998, vvti's are like gold dust! Infact, I'd say it's worth abit more than the asking price.

Having owned a car that was 100% stock when i got it, I see std spec cars worth less, as they are kind of boring. There is no way i would pay more for a std car, however I can understand why some people would, the aftermaket industry doesn't exactly have a great reputation for high quality fitting of parts, hence the term "unmolested"! thats applied to some std models.

Having owned a car that was 100% stock when i got it, I see std spec cars worth less, as they are kind of boring. There is no way i would pay more for a std car, however I can understand why some people would, the aftermaket industry doesn't exactly have a great reputation for high quality fitting of parts, hence the term "unmolested"! thats applied to some std models.

All i will say is i recently test drove a supra with this mileage and a year or so older and it was amazingly tight and showed absolutely no signs of mileage wear and tear either bodily, engine or ride. It could of had 40K on the clock and i would have had no reason to doubt it.

If running stock boost all the time, i'd have thought that you'd have to treat it pretty badly to get problems at 100K?

I suspect a car like this will lap up the 100K-140K just as problem free as it did 60K-100K except no outlay on a clutch!

If you're after a weekend car and not a daily driver then its seems ideal to me, its only a couple of grand more than the bargain basement TT manuals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.