The mkiv Supra Owners Club

johnsons tyres - Complete F***heads - Im so damn angry!

n00b

Im so angry with these guys - http://www.johnsonstyres.com

i was looking for some tyres so i went to all the usual places then i saw a post about these guys on this forum ... so i thught i would give them a bash....

i found the tyres i wanted and rang them up about some bridgestones the guy said

"having trouble getting hold of them" so i ask what about michelins and he said "they are fine they will be 4 days" if you place your order onlinen today...

so i did ...

four days past so i thught on the 5th day i would ring....

he said "we tell all our customers its 7 days for delivery"

7 days past on the 8th day i rang him

he said "we tell all our customers its 14 days" hmmm..

i said your joking you said seven to me the other day and he said something on the line of "are you calling me a liar!" what do you say to that i was well taken aback...

so i waited ... now day 15... so i rang up and he says "you will have them by the end of the week"...

i said "are you sure as you said 14 days and they havnt arrived yet?"

he said "yes im sure have you finished now?"

WHAT EVER HAPPEND TO BLOODY MANNERS!

hes in the wrong he should be apologising and trying to make things right... not be sarky tw*t... if i did that in my job i would be fired... i dont even know how i stand on getting my money back so if they dont turn up on fri im going to have to look into that aswell, as these guys sound like they wont make it easy.

I wouldnt mind but if i get stopped by the police i would get points and as i have to drive 75 miles to work and back every day its making me a little nervous.

my recomendation is never buy anything from these guys....

it is the last time i ever buy tyres online its a bloody joke.

n00b :taped:

I had a bad experience with these guys recently too. They gave a great price on F1s so I ordered with them and gave it a week - they didn't arrived. I called up and they said they were having supply problems so I decided to wait a few more days as they said they would be coming in any day, and of course a week later they hadn't arrived. I called up to ask for alternatives that I could get ASAP, he said he would look them up and call me back later that day. No call and the following day I call up and the guy says they've sent out Dunlop SP9000s - rediculous as they didn't even OK this with me! Nevertheless, since I'm in a bit of a stick with the MOT I decide to run with it as they're not a bad tyre... I call back two days later as they never arrived (supposedly sent next day courier two days ago), and they say they'll call me back and find out what's happened. Of course they don't, so I call them again and apparently they were sent to Birmingham as they were incorrectly addressed and are now waiting in the warehouse. At this point I've had enough, I ask to cancel the order which the guy agrees to. I call back later and apparently it's been done. Three weeks later I've not been refunded and have just sent back a claim form to the bank.

ARGH! It seems some people have been lucky enough to obtain tyres from these people, but it seems you pay for what you get. I for one will not be going back to them.

Not sure how he does it but Stu at Toydatech in Fareham (Hants) can beat any tyre quote I've had from any internet trader... he does servicing on the car and gets me some cracking deals...

I'd post their URL but it never works... :blink:

Cancel the order.

I think I am correct in thinking that they should not draw on your credit card until they have despached the goods.....I thought that was always the way with mail order...

Really. That is interesting, :confused:

Sorry to hear this Charlie. If you're ever near Warton, try giving J Townsends (should be in yellow pages under MOT or Petrol Stations) a ring. I got my Eagles from there and they were a phenomenally cheap price.

Mike

I had a bad experience with these guys recently too. They gave a great price on F1s so I ordered with them and gave it a week - they didn't arrived. I called up and they said they were having supply problems so I decided to wait a few more days as they said they would be coming in any day, and of course a week later they hadn't arrived. I called up to ask for alternatives that I could get ASAP, he said he would look them up and call me back later that day. No call and the following day I call up and the guy says they've sent out Dunlop SP9000s - rediculous as they didn't even OK this with me! Nevertheless, since I'm in a bit of a stick with the MOT I decide to run with it as they're not a bad tyre... I call back two days later as they never arrived (supposedly sent next day courier two days ago), and they say they'll call me back and find out what's happened. Of course they don't, so I call them again and apparently they were sent to Birmingham as they were incorrectly addressed and are now waiting in the warehouse. At this point I've had enough, I ask to cancel the order which the guy agrees to. I call back later and apparently it's been done. Three weeks later I've not been refunded and have just sent back a claim form to the bank.

ARGH! It seems some people have been lucky enough to obtain tyres from these people, but it seems you pay for what you get. I for one will not be going back to them.

ok im going to cancel my order... have you had any news on your refund im really worried i wont get my £308 back. i paid by switch aswell and the banks says they can put a claim in .... they also say i should have paid by credit card as i would have more rights then....

n00b

just rang up to cancel my order to be told that i cant as he has dispatched them. wtf!

and i should get them by friday or monday....

but he couldnt tell me when they were dispatched as he wasnt in the office ... hmmm

n00b

Call them again tomorrow and get a dispatch number and the couriers tracking code.

If they can't give them to you they are telling lies......

stupid questions... what should i do if he refuses to give me thecourier and dispatch number?