The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Workshop manual to 2JZ

Guest Idaho

Hallo all, at first plese excuse me to disturb, because I'm not the MKIV owner, I have just MKIII / turbo.

I our country is a small amount of people who has some deeper experiencis and knowledge about 2JZ engine and I'm thinking to buy one for swap to my MKIII. Now I want to have some knowledge about 2JZ engine, so I try to download workshop manual for this engine on your pages - reapir manual - but I have no prevelege to download this, is it possible to get them and where ?

Thank you very much...

I went to the dark side guys. I bought an R33 GTR and sold my mk3 supra (the 2jz swapped one)... but.... I got a mk2 Celica Supra now in which I am building a 2jz-gte.

The R33 GTR is mildly tuned with a T88 and some 720cc shower thingies. I'm installing an AEM this weekend and together with my evil twin brother (Dimitri) we're gonna rape the sh!t out of it this weekend...

Hallou arnout, I have look for notes which you wrote about the swap, and I found then very usefull - thank you.

Yesterday I was looked for "my" engine ( 2JZ without VVT-i ) and I was suprised, because there was no "drive by wire" but normal throttle cable - the guy whoch sold the engene said me that "drive by wire" trhottle is onli on VVT-i version..

Please which clutch set you use? I have investigate some perts ccatologes, and it seems ,that the middle and body of the clutches on 7M GTE and 2JZ is the same only the "covering" of teh clutch is another ( covering I mean the "soft" part which is touching the flywheel ) - or is it not usable?? ( I want to use 2JZ GE flywheel ( "my" 2JZ is with auto transm. ) and 2JZ clutch set... )...

Idaho. If the engine you have is from an automatic you also need the gearbox input shaft pilot bearing that goes in the back of the crankshaft for a manual engine. It's a ball bearing, available from Toyota for about 6 pounds UK.

You will need the clutch disc (spinner is what they call it in the USA) from a 2JZ-GTE manual to match the splines on a 2JZ-GTE 6 speed getrag box, IF that is what you are going to use. If you are using the 5 speed 7M-GTE box you need to see if the N/A Supra 2JZ-GE one will match up with the flywheel and clutch cover. I don't know if it will or not.