The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mine too. Not happy.

tbourner

Well I think I should start gauging interest in the wee beasty.

At the moment I'm asking the heady price of £12k, which TBH is what it's worth, but that obviously means that's not what it'll go for!!

As it stands it needs some work, is it general consensus that this stuff should be done before the sale?

My sig pics show what it is. The spec shows BPU at 1.1bar. Currently on 88000km (55k miles).

thats a lovely Supra..hey have i started a trend or something lol

Thats v good price for a manual with 55k...tell ya what if any of us on here wins the £100k lotto this Friday can they buy them off us and store them at room temperture until we can afford to buy them back?

I actually bought my last Supra back six months after selling it to a dealer the new owner contacted me...and he found it awkward to get in and out of and want a bigger lardy car...so I bought it back it does happen but then i part exed it eventually for me Green one...

That is a beautiful example love the dials too...great photography also, looks sweet...

The biggest thing is the flywheel needs replacing. That'll be about £500 or just under.

The second biggest is the brakes, they pulse under braking as if warped discs, but I haven't done anything that I can think would have warped them!! Front offside wheel has VERY slight play in it - so maybe a bearing in the future; could also be the cause of the brake wobble?? I suppose a UK conversion and replace all bushes etc is in order for that - but not needed.

All the rest is little bits:

I had a problem with intermittent bad idle before Christmas (there's a thread or 2 somewhere), never got sorted but haven't seen it since so may be one of these 'once a year' faults people seem to get!!

The blue LED behind no 1 fan speed control is intermittent - probably dry joint - haven't bothered to fix it.

The LED in the driver door window control is too big, so auto down doesn't work. Emin said he would replace next time I see him (I don't want to ask him to come down here just for 1 LED!!).

Some of the writing on the 'Supra' logo on the EL glow dial face has disappeared, not sure why, waiting for Paul E's reply, just me being picky though.

Underside of nearside skirt is cracked, should really be replaced but it's not visible so I'm not bothered!

Both rear spats are damaged. Nearside has spider cracks on it, offside has been (badly) resprayed - probably wouldn't notice unless it was pointed out but I've just pointed it out (D'OH!). I was planning on getting the Trial copy rear bumper but that won't be happening now!!!

erm, can't think what else, probably nothing important at least.

Should I be being this honest? :hide:

pre facelift?

There are some 96 facelifts aren't there? With 97 being the year that the VVTi was introduced? Mine is pre facelift and pre vvti (obviously).

Also, remembered more faults! :giveup:

All stereo related, the enclosure and setup is still uncomplete. The rear enclosure needs sealing some more, the sound is good but there's just 'something missing' from certain frequencies. Not sure if it's box design or simple amp setup.

Wiring from amp for front speakers is in up to the footwells, I cut my hands up trying to get it through the door grommet so gave up!!! :p All it needs is pushing through then connecting to the speakers (currently still on HU output).

Removable facia of stereo needs pins cleaning, as the display switches off sometimes and needs 'wiggling' to get it back alight!

Other than that, VERY good stereo, WMA/MP3/etc playback, just needs a bit of time spending to finish the setup. The custom enclosure is not permanent either - I still have the rear seat in my shed and it's literally 3 bolts (and wiring unscrewed from amp) to replace the whole lot if needed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.