The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How did you choose you username?

Jake

OK this does not apply to you if your username is obvious, like mine or Ian C or Aerotop Dave, but some of you guys have weird usernames. How did you choose them?

Why is Sabrina called how_supra?

Why is Emin called supra TT myster?

Why is Wayne called supradibbs?

Why is Tom, a hetrosexual adult male, called darkrider666?

Why is Simon, an adult male, called Green Peace?

It seems a bit impersonal sometimes to answer somebodies question with

"Dear mYsUpR40wNoRzJ00,

The j-spec Supra isn't really 280BHP..........blah blah blah"

So, come on then, how did you choose your username? Let's hear it.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is a surreal montage, it combines Scottish folklore with the trouser styles of Terry from TVs 'Minder'. The 'Y' expresses the way that I can go either way when met with a challenge, like the wind around a stubborn stone, resistant to attrition....

Mine is sort of interesting. I've been a huge fan of the band Fugazi for well over a decade. I have a website about them http://www.worldoffugazi.org which has a forum attached. I needed a name for that.

One of Fugazis albums is called Red Medicine. I've always been somewhat political and used to be called Red at one place I worked (some communist slur probably). So, having a real name of Martin I settled on Red Martin. Basically a crap play on their album title. For this place, I just shortened it.

By a weird turn of fate I also have a red Supra.

You can all wake up now.

Mine started during a drink up round a mates house years ago, someone wrote "f***" or something to that effect in the frost on top of my old mondeo, so I added and changed a few letters to turn it into something non-offensive.... throughout the night everyone had a go at changing and adding letters until it wound up as scoboblio (plus about a dozen letters on the end that I couldn't remember in my drunken stuper).

It was hilarious at the time... did I mention I was drunk? :innocent:

How's that for originality :D

My username was simply my name for about the first 2 1/2 years on here.

Then Angies mum gave me a birthday card with the dog (now my avatar) on it. I suppose it just came to me and I couldn't believe nobody had already used it.

I once thought about calling myself Asian Dude. But that's another story.....those who know me will know why!!!

:innocent:

TDaxGav.... erm, the gav bit is obvious, however the TDax is actually a star trek character... yes I'm a trekkie, and Torias was one of the previous hosts of the Dax symbiant from DS9...

Torias had something of a carefree attitude about life, considering it to be "too short to deprive [oneself] of the simple pleasures" from DS9 episode Facets.

TDaxGav.... erm, the gav bit is obvious, however the TDax is actually a star trek character... yes I'm a trekkie, and Torias was one of the previous hosts of the Dax symbiant from DS9...

Torias had something of a carefree attitude about life, considering it to be "too short to deprive [oneself] of the simple pleasures" from DS9 episode Facets.

And there was me thinking that you used to own a Turbo Diesel Citroen AX. Honestly, I really thought that's what you username was really about.

Shame really, the Citroen thing is far more interesting than all that Trekkers stuff. :D

Turbo Diesel Citroen AX

Not bloody likely, I've still got a peugeot 106 rallye 1.6 sat over at Graham S's house tho (which I will be selling soon, since I've got 2 supras [shameless plug to sell the car]) *grin*

The only diesel thing I've ever had is my current temp. company car which is a turbo diesel vauxhall... (Can it get any worse????)