The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electric Seat Problem..!!

Havard

Got a problem..!!

This morning the electric seat sounded like a bag of bolts when I tried to move it back. I have found a little white plastic screw type things down the side of the seat that looks as if it has fallen out from the runners.

I now can't get the seat out as I cannot move the seat forward at all. Is there any way of moving the seat without using the electric button??

Cheers

H.

Remove the plastic cover from the front of the seat and there will be a 12mm bolt, Get a socket and ratchet on it it and this will bring the seat froward or back.

I have got the cover off but can't see the 12mm bolt??

The only 12mm one is just a fixing bolt for the seat??

H.

Well im about to go tackle mine shortly so ill find a way :D

It looks as if there is something trapped in the runner but I can't get to it without taking the seat out and can't get the seat out without moving it forward...!!

WTF..??

H.

OK then..!!

Got the seat out using the mechanical method. There is a 12mm bolt and a 10mm bolt for everyones info..!!

The seat will move backward electrically but the passenger side runner will not move forward. I am assuming that the plastic gears that link the motor to the driver on the passenger side of the seat are worn and no longer drive the screw that carries the seat..!!

Has anyone else had this problem?? I imagine it is difficult to remove the motor etc from the seat itself. I will not have to try and find a single leather electric sear or just put a set of standard ones back in.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I am going to contact Keron to see if he knows how to fix this.

H.

Now got another problem......:blink:

The mechanical seat adjuster's nut has now come loose. I can only wind the seat back mechanicallly and not forward so I am back to square one:(

I just want to get the seat back and wind it forward so Mrs H can use it this week. The nut will undo when I try to adjust the seat forward. I am thinking of bashing the end of the thread so that the nut will have to take hold but there is no going back once I have done this. My other option would be loctite or something like that...!!

Really fooked off with this now.

H.

Hi H! :)

I'm pretty sure you can get any working drivers seat (non leather) and swap your leather one onto the electric runners.

You only need a working electric base, not a whole new electric seat. I'm sure Keron will have one from a car he's breaking ;)

Hi H! :)

I'm pretty sure you can get any working drivers seat (non leather) and swap your leather one onto the electric runners.

You only need a working electric base, not a whole new electric seat. I'm sure Keron will have one from a car he's breaking ;)

I will contact Keron but I am having a nightmare with the mechanical adjusters now.

See post above yours mate..!!

H.

How much thread is there? I've never had the seats out myself. Is there any way you could fit another nut onto the thread (so there's 2 nuts) Then they would lock onto the thread if you only put the spanner onto the first one? Ive used this method before to remove threaded studs.

How much thread is there? I've never had the seats out myself. Is there any way you could fit another nut onto the thread (so there's 2 nuts) Then they would lock onto the thread if you only put the spanner onto the first one? Ive used this method before to remove threaded studs.

I am familiar with the two nut method myself but I can't get she second nut on far enough to grip. I also can't get at the first with a spanner as it is in the recess of the runner.

I think I am going to have no choice but to damage the thread in order to get the nut to grip. Stupid design really if you have to turn the nut both ways??

H.