The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello everyone just got my supra today!!!

Guest RWD-passion

Guest RWD-passion

Hello people just got my supra today a friend of mine advised me to check out this site AND WHAT A GREAT SITE!!! Anyway... just got my supra and just wanting some facts and figures really already got HUGE plans im going to run a single turbo set up I have a budget of 30-50k (perks of a well paid job :) ) well knowing that all the owners club sites have some great minds and some mechanical know-how just looking for advise to create another beast!!

Model : J-Spec Toyota supra 3.0 twin turbo RZ 6spd (now the guy I bought it off said he has a new clutch put on but to be honest with you guys I felt it slipping on the ride back home) totally stock.

Cheers RWD-passion

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're planning on going single you would likely want to upgrade the clutch in any case.

£50k budget? Easily done within that...have a look at Geo / JamieP's build thread to give you an idea of what's required etc

EDIT: Welcome btw :D

Welcome to the club! :thumbs:

We love pictures around here, get some up!

Good choice on the Supra, and with a budget like that, you've got me all excited!

Like previously stated, check the project forum, namely the like of Jamie P's Supra to get a base idea on an excellent single project.

Welcome to the club! :)

Guest RWD-passion

Thanks for the worm welcome trying to get some pictures up but for some reason its not having none of it (WILL KEEP TRYING!!!) yea ill have a look at these setups you have put forward to me been looking at suprastore in American they do some good packages like a 500hp kit 775 900 and so on for really good prices any thing off with this???? Or is it legitimate?? Time going to make some distant calls to find this out unless one of you guys already knows.

Thanks for the worm welcome trying to get some pictures up but for some reason its not having none of it (WILL KEEP TRYING!!!) yea ill have a look at these setups you have put forward to me been looking at suprastore in American they do some good packages like a 500hp kit 775 900 and so on for really good prices any thing off with this???? Or is it legitimate?? Time going to make some distant calls to find this out unless one of you guys already knows.

Check out W h i f b i t z mate they trade on this forum, Very good place and they would carry out the work on your car for you.

supra store tend to do alot of xs power stuff that isnt the best, and american sites tend to over quote there horsepower figures, thareare some top end tuners on this site that can give you realistic figure and advise you on quality parts that will be reliable, but with that buget you will be able to have an awsome car built

Guest RWD-passion

Another company that will be receiving a phone call from me to see what they can do. 1000+ motor ay no guys don’t thing im going there (just yet  ) im thinking a sensible 750 – 800 for the summer and we will see where the wind blows from there :D.

Do you guys have meets would love to see some builds so I can get some ideas of styling??

Hi and welcome

That's a nice budget you have but I must express my concerns for a 1st time owner going direct single.

Do you have much driving experience with high powered turbo RWD cars? Supras can and will bite if you overstep line. I'd say get used to the car and how it reacts and handles before you start throwing money at it if your experience is lacking.

Suprastore wouldn't be my number 1 choice. I'd either look at mvpmotorsport or whifbitz :)

Another company that will be receiving a phone call from me to see what they can do. 1000+ motor ay no guys don’t thing im going there (just yet  ) im thinking a sensible 750 – 800 for the summer and we will see where the wind blows from there :D.

Do you guys have meets would love to see some builds so I can get some ideas of styling??

Yes we have lots of meets, I'am in the process of setting one up for march take a look. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=206550

Come join us there will be a few single turbos there.

Guest RWD-passion
Hi and welcome

That's a nice budget you have but I must express my concerns for a 1st time owner going direct single.

Do you have much driving experience with high powered turbo RWD cars? Supras can and will bite if you overstep line. I'd say get used to the car and how it reacts and handles before you start throwing money at it if your experience is lacking.

Suprastore wouldn't be my number 1 choice. I'd either look at mvpmotorsport or whifbitz :)

Been amateur drifting for 12-14 months now never drove with as much horse power as 800 most I’ve drove with is 600 from my old r32 gts flipping hate the skylines though supra is where the home is at for me.

Been amateur drifting for 12-14 months now never drove with as much horse power as 800 most I’ve drove with is 600 from my old r32 gts flipping hate the skylines though supra is where the home is at for me.

Just keep your eye out in these section's for you local meets.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=101

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Guest RWD-passion

Just on w h I f b I t z and I’ve come across the performance packs only see bpu!!!!!! Alarm bells!! Don’t they do anything bigger!!