The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toying with new Idea for LED Rear lights

heckler

Right, I've been toying with the Idea of a new design for rear LED lights, quite different to the others I have done - Only One PCB per side, and as it happens I have a spare set of rear lightd to play with.

so, what you think of this? Brake, Side, Indicator, Reverse and Fog combined....

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/random/proto.jpg

How about four of them in each side :D

Could drive up to Blackpool once a year to have them turned on :cool:

What i'd be interested to see.. and i dont know if anyones done it yet, but some modern cars have an arrow shape built into their indicators... how hard would that be to do? Might look awefull, but you never know untill you try!

How about four of them in each side :D

Could drive up to Blackpool once a year to have them turned on :cool:

What i'd be interested to see.. and i dont know if anyones done it yet, but some mordern cars have an arrow shape built into their indicators... how hard would that be to do? Might look awefull, but you never know untill you try!

:p

One of my gripes at the moment is the mass of modern cars that have their indicators hidden in or around brake lights, when they brake and indicate you can't always see the flashing light over the bright red brakes.

What about taking the indicator out of the circle and doing something fancy at each end of the cluster - like (O ) with the ('s being indicators?

One of my gripes at the moment is the mass of modern cars that have their indicators hidden in or around brake lights, when they brake and indicate you can't always see the flashing light over the bright red brakes.

Agreed, i find the new golfs and minis are the worst ones for this

Its a good idea, will be interesting to see pics :)

I like the fact that the supra has 8 lights on the back. Certinaly would look sh!t having only one per side and the rest covered up.

Like I said, only toying with the idea, nothing has been made yet! - beside, my car is black, with C-west light covers so you cant see anything anyway!

What about taking the indicator out of the circle and doing something fancy at each end of the cluster - like (O ) with the ('s being indicators?

good point about the indicator/brake combo not been able to see.. ok, the indicators can go in the original place...

• 8 months later...

Thread bump (only found it from the other thread)

I'm sure I've seen a picture on here of a supra that only had 1 light (far ends) on the back, and the rest were smoothed over, but I can't find it now

A cool idea would be to maybe have the reverse lights as normal, and then just concentrate on putting indicators/brake/lights on in the far ends. This would give you more LEDs to play with on one PCB as you aren't worrying about the reverse aspect.... then just smoke the lights fully. That way you don't see the reverse unless necessary (and it won't detract too much from the look as they aren't on often), and you won't have to worry about filling in the remaining 2 holes as you won't see it due to the smoked effect??

Actually what about this, just having 2 lights (assuming reverse is left as normal), indicators are inside and brakes are inside, lights on are 2 outside rings (each side)?

(I borrowed your pics heckler)

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5974/fit1hm.jpg