The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wall Mounted Dipping Bars?!?!?!?!

Matt H

I'm looking for some wall mounted dipping bars. I've found the idel product in the first link, and would even go for the adjoined ones in the second link. Only thing is, I can only find them over in America!!

Surely there has to be an equivelent product in the UK?! I just for the life of me can't find anything!

Any body have any ideas?

Ta

Matt

http://www.easychin.com/permadip.lasso

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,GIA-WE177.html

Cheers for you reply

Those are for chin ups. Not sure whether those two small bars sticking out would be suitable for a dipping application.

Aye spotted those two but they are quite large and sit on the ground making the cost a whopping £288.55. can't justify that! lol.

Did come across them, might be a last resort for some custom ones but the sound of that rings pricey alarm bells!!

ta

Matt

I've looked everwhere, locally and all over the net. There just doesn't seem to be anything that fits the bill. The only things i can find are big station set ups that cost a ridiculous amount.

Might have to try and make something. At the end of the day all i want is two tubular bars sticking out of the wall.

The ones in this link are perfect. I'd pay a bit more for something like this of this quality but alas.

http://www.easychin.com/permadip.lasso

£73 for a bit of steel tubing??? Good grief... Get some CDS tubing and attach it to an outside wall, job done!

That's my point, delivery from the USA is the killer.

It's for in the garage, i'd look a dick in my garden doing dipps!! :D

Just thought that it would be easier using underarm pullups and overarm pullups as it works the muscles better

Pull up's don't do triceps mate. I've got a nice pull up bar attached already, i just need something to do the dips on

In relation to your just arms:

Pull ups - Biceps

Dips - Triceps

Thats shocking. Going to order one now.

Can't work out the physics of how it stays up and holds your body weight etc.

Quality :)

It looks as though it hooks against the top of the arcatrave on the outside of the door, then pushes against the frame on the insde of the door. Quite clever, but your arcatrave has to be up to it :blink:

Is dip's where you hold your entire weight then lower yourself down then back up?

Yes that's it :)

It looks as though it hooks against the top of the arcatrave on the outside of the door, then pushes against the frame on the insde of the door. Quite clever, but your arcatrave has to be up to it :blink:

Yes that's it :)

So if you screw something to the wall your going to want to trust it, Would not want one to drop off mid dip.

Could you drag two table together and dip the the middle.

Cheep option. :)

So if you screw something to the wall your going to want to trust it, Would not want one to drop off mid dip.

Could you drag two table together and dip the the middle.

Cheep option. :)

lol, i've built a proper gym in my garage now, i've got all the exercises covered that i do in the proper gym apart from my dips :(

And in keeping with the quality of it and space issues two tables arn't an option! you need to be able to grab on to bars anyway.

lol, i've built a proper gym in my garage now, i've got all the exercises covered that i do in the proper gym apart from my dips :(

And in keeping with the quality of it and space issues two tables arn't an option! you need to be able to grab on to bars anyway.

Thought i'd add that just for comedy value. Sounds like you have a good set up there. Cheeper in the long run than a gym membership.

Thought i'd add that just for comedy value. Sounds like you have a good set up there. Cheeper in the long run than a gym membership.

Cheers mate :)

Aye, well i was paying 70 a month for the gym i went to, then my lifestyle changed some what and wasn't getting the use out of it. So now i've extra convience and it should have paid itself off in a month now :)

Just thought that it would be easier using underarm pullups and overarm pullups as it works the muscles better

One is not necessarily better then the other.

They work different muscle groups dependent on certain factors.

You can emphasise a different amount of stress on certain muscle groups dependent on how narrow or wide your grip is, and wheather your grip is over, or under.

Not going to read it as i presume it will just all be crap!! :D

Pull up's don't do triceps mate. I've got a nice pull up bar attached already, i just need something to do the dips on

In relation to your just arms:

Pull ups - Biceps

Dips - Triceps

Overhand pullups to triceps where you face your hand away from you rather than towards, if you do both you work both muscles and get the benefit of using the same bar. Else you can do tricep dips from a solid chair or something.