The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Carbon/Titanium exhaust (used)

SteveR

SOLD

------

[From the] 'cat back' exhaust for sale. Just taken it off my Supe as I needed a quieter exhuast for track use.

In need of a good scrub, so I'll post pics when I've had chance to do that. There is a crease in the front-facing part of the silencer box (lol, silencer, yeah right :D) where one of the previous owners must have caught it on something but it doesn't seem to affect it at all.

Price will be added once I see how well it scrubs up. :thumbs:

EDIT: Price and pics added in post 32, here.

-----

SOLD

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Inspired and designed from endurance and GT racing in Japan, HKS developed its Hi-Power Exhaust system for both turbocharged and naturally aspirated applications. HKS has incorporated this new race inspired offset muffler and piping design into many street applications, which offers a greater flow and higher-PRM power gains due to the less restrictive design. This is achieved by eliminating unnecessary bends for the straightest exhaust path. For turbocharged applications, the large and smooth exhaust flow allows greater exhaust velocity for better mid-range boost response and high-RPM power. Naturally aspirated vehicles also benefit from greater exhaust flow capacity as engine tuning levels increase."

its a bit loud is it? Im on the lookout for a quiet exhaust so Im assuming this one isnt it?

I measured it (static) at 95dB at 5000rpm from 1m at 45degrees on my single. It's not as loud as some but it's certainly not quiet; if it were I'd have kept it. :(

I've fitted a Tanabe Touring Medallion instead now, very impressed with the quality & noise; refined but still reasonably audible for that grin factor; Bignum measured his (again on a single) as 88dB at 0.5m & 45degrees I think.

Even 95db isnt too bad, thats nurspec with baffle territory.

I will see what the Tanabe sounds like and then decide from there.

95dB isn't that bad, you're right. It's borderline for the Ring though and personally I found it a little too loud for my tastes, so primarily for the first reason, it had to go.

The Tanabe is great. I'll take some footage if you like, it's nice & quiet but you can still hear the tone of the engine. A nice balancing act!

Is yours 90mm? As mine is really noisey.

Hmm I will have to check that - will measure up tomorrow.

What sort of money mate i dont mind the dirty look .

what sort of price mate, i dont mind loud on anything with more than 4 cylinders :)

I honestly don't know - I know these sell for £800ish new, but min is far from that. I'd guess

Got a price for this yet mate?

Nah I've not had chance to scrub it up and take pics yet, most of my evenings have been spent getting the car 100% ready for the 'Ring next week. I'll sort it out today hopefully, if I can fit it in around hosting a 5 year old's birthday party :D If not I'll get it done tomorrow for definite.

i have this exhaust, vid just to get an idea of the sound :) this is on a full decat,

Free:bump:

Nice one, thanks :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.