The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car not starting, please help:- Fuel Pump

Rayman

Help my car wont start, when i turn the key everything cranks up as normal but it just doesnt fire, all the dash lights come up as normal but it just wont fire up. Its not the battery or starter, evrything is normal in the starting procedure apart from the very last bit where it fires up.

Last week i had a replacement fuel pump fitted, and i think this one is busted too.

Its definately the pump as you dont hear it prime up neither.

Any ideas what causing it to do this, and is the fuel pump busted or could it be a fuse or something?

The first time i went to start it, it fired then died, then i had it fixed, it worked for a couple of days then when i went to start it yesterday morning, it wouldnt fire at all so obviously no fuel getting thru.

If it is eating fuel pumps what would be the cause?

Thanks

Well i have this alarm toad ai606, its a long story but i drained my battery a while ago when i left my lights on, i went back to the car and obviously the car alarm went bonkers and i couldnt stop it so had to rip it out, now im left with no alarm siren. But its worked fine for ages like 6months like this, the alarm and immoboliser just dont work. The key fob doesnt do anything.

It does flash the hazards tho when i start it up, still does now when i try.

Edited by Rayman (see edit history)

Ok checked fuses, they are fine, checked power to the pump, he said that was fine, so the fuel aint getting pumped to engine, its almost like ive run out of petrol but ive not.

Looks like the fuel pump is bust. But i just had a replacement, supposodly brand new, can something cause the pump to blow?

Wonder if one of the wires could come loose after fitment, like when ive gone over a bump.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Rayman (see edit history)

What does the AA man reckon?

He recons i need a new fuel pump, but ive just had one, well i think it was used actually as it cost £50.

Which means is either bust again or faulty connection within the cannister, they are weird to wire arnt they?

Something must be causing the pump to bust as its too much of a coincidence two pumps going within a week.

Oh god, its not there now is it?

Id go for checking the pump, its fairly likely they have bodged it somehow.

Check the pump wiring and the fuel pump ecu and then fit a Walbro, they only work out around £50 new anyway

No not there now still on my drive, gonna let them have another look tho.

Can you hear it spin up? Can you hear it spin for a second when you key off the ignition? Try taking the fuel return hose off the barb that comes out between runners 3 and 4 of the intake manifold and see if it spits fuel out.

Also, and this one is easy enough, bridge +B and FP in the diagnostics port with a paperclip, and then key on the ignition. You should hear your fuel system run. Do that before letting monkeys near it.

You have de-immobilised the car haven't you ;)

-Ian

Can you hear it spin up? Can you hear it spin for a second when you key off the ignition?

No nothing

Try taking the fuel return hose off the barb that comes out between runners 3 and 4 of the intake manifold and see if it spits fuel out.

Will have a look for this see if i can manage it

Also, and this one is easy enough, bridge +B and FP in the diagnostics port with a paperclip, and then key on the ignition. You should hear your fuel system run. Do that before letting monkeys near it.

Right will try this.

You have de-immobilised the car haven't you ;)

Yes it wont crank at all when immobolised, unless of course the toad has a fuel immoboliser of some description.

Thanks BTW!:)