The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Falken 452?

JamieP

I just p[ut 'em on all four corners and have done a thousand on them. I wanted to go with Goodyear or Vredersteins but needed the car and the others were fecked. Dunlop/Michelin aren't worth the additional cost IMHO.

I do agree with you that they aren't quite as good but the ABS/RLTC manages the slight drop in grip etc. (he says as he immediately goes stright into a field on the next corner :rolleyes:)

Marham should get rid of them mate ;)

I suppose after a burnout the rears should at least be run-in, which will help. I thought it was pretty standard for new tyres to not be grippy at first?

I use the Falkens and I find them fine, but then I don't do any high speed cornering. They were perfect at Oulton park with a proper driver though, but I think perhaps any tyre would grip well on a track surface.

I have the back end sliding out on wet/damp roads from a standstill (90-degree turns) at almost every turn, but it's always out of choice and I enjoy it.

245 sounds pretty narrow for 600 brake Jamie. :D

Tell me about it, i did look at getting this kit from the 4wd monaro so i could fit larger wheels but with a 10k price tag i gave up.

Have you run them in properly? Some tyres really do need about 100 miles to bed in!

Done 110 miles now and gave them plenty of stick, ill give another few hundred.

The way i see it if your running a powerhouse car look at what tyres porsche's/ferrari's/ Aston Martins etc are using and buy at least the same make. Ive used Falken's before on a FWD car and found Nankangs where better for grip and particulary wear. I dont think you can beat Toyo's/ Dunlops/Goodyear for price and durability.

My 452s were pretty bad for about 5 miles but that's all - took it out for a spirited run the other night and the grip was pretty good, dry weather though, I haven't been out in the rain yet.

My wheels were spinning all over the place when i first moved mine but a short trip down the motorway at a snails pace and they seem 100% better already. Alot more grip in the wet than my old dunlops i had on but cant remember the tyre model.

245s on the rear:blink: i think you have the answer to your problem, a car with that sort of power and weight needs a bit more rubber on the road, i have Falkens on my Supra, and don't have a problem.

It was fine with the michelin sports, think ill go back to them

You had 452's on the Supra Jamie...

Gaz.

Ta.