The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Meets / Members

Gerry

As someone who occasionally strays onto this forum (OK - about once an hour during the day) :)

I know a lot of members names, some of them very well.

One frustration I have is that when I go to a meet (ie Surrey Meet, last week) I don't have chance to talk to everyone, or meet members that I know well on here, but have never met in person.

Just a thought...

If we all invested in a spare front number plate with our forum name on, once parked up we could pop it on (or in the windscreen) and at least others would know who's car is who's, and in turn, could possibly say hello to the driver !

This way if I see a car with MAWBY on for instance, I could keep an eye out for the owner if I wanted to have a natter.

It would also help identify cars that I'd seen on here that I had a special interest in ie, big single, new seats, fancy dials etc.

As I think it's a good idea, I'm going to get a GATSO plate and wear it at the next meet in the hope it will catch on.

Whatcha think....

G

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis a good plan.... infact i already have a SMiFFAD plate, i had it made at JAE about 5 years ago :D

Must dig it out for the next SEM :)

Also has the added bonus of covering your plate up in photos.

You were the only person i recognised by their car... as id been studying your wheels :D

Great idea Gerry mate also i think is a good idea was at JAE last year we all had Supra neck straps with large name tag at bottom to know who's who which i thought was great too.

But for now looking to get customised name plate done & ready for this years events.

Was thinking this myself at the weekend Gerry - a very good idea IMO. Might also be an idea to get your real name at the bottom of the plate where the name of the garage/plate manufacturer usually goes. That's mainly for people like myself, given the reaction I usually get when I tell people my username on here!

Was thinking this myself at the weekend Gerry - a very good idea IMO. Might also be an idea to get your real name at the bottom of the plate where the name of the garage/plate manufacturer usually goes. That's mainly for people like myself, given the reaction I usually get when I tell people my username on here!

Getting better all the time...

Good idea, I'm crap with names anyway so having two to remember is worse, this would help lots. :)

Jamie (G-nemie) has his forum name as a spare number plate for shows etc and Mike Wards user name is his number plate: M5W TT. It is a good idea. I still have my neck thingy from JAE last year. People can always use those again.