The mkiv Supra Owners Club

E-manageUltimate INJ adapter #2

xxcat

I think I have a problem with my EMU. The problem is well known for many tuners. The injectors are running too rich compared with direct wiring (w/o EMU). My emu's SN is 1005 - one of the firsts being produced / without HW update for this issue. So I want to "upgrade :)" it's hardware by installing the "adapter" inside the EMU. I have found just little info about this adapter here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=644771&postcount=25 - thanks to Ian! Maybe some of you (or maybe Ian :) ) could tell me for sure - is it just 6x510ohm resistors? If so - i don't see any problem to fit them.

PS:

I'm talking about:

GReddy e-manage Ultimate injector adapter #2 - #15901504

PS2

Does anyone also have info if the issue takes place with EU/US Supras (550cc/low imp. injectors) as well?

It's cheap BUT:

1) I live in Latvia and we don't have them "in stock" - so I should order the adapter via Internet and wait for about 2 weeks :(

2) If it will be just resistors pack - I will anyway throw it away and solder the needed resistors inside Emanage (it's very easy). I don't want to have another "adapter" from greddy - which is simple solution for correcting their BUG in engineering :) - to much wires/connections :)

The EMU starting from SN4000 already has this modification inside - no need for adapter...

I think the adapters function is just to provide 12v bias to the ECU inputs - so it will be thinking that normal injectors are connected. Gready just forgot about this during engeneering.

Ian - don't you remember - was there only resistors on the PCB or mayme something else (diodes for example)? Maybe it's possible for someone to open the box and post some pics here? Thanks for helping!

Ian - don't you remember - was there only resistors on the PCB or mayme something else (diodes for example)? Maybe it's possible for someone to open the box and post some pics here? Thanks for helping!

Actually, in a forward planning moment, I did take pictures of it when I took it apart :)

I've attached them but you may be disappointed ;)

If you want to try building your own then I say go for it. Wiring it into a fields harness is no great hardship but if you want to stick them in the stock ECU then I hope your soldering skills are good :D

-Ian

EMU injector adaptor 2_bottom.jpg

EMU injector adaptor 2_top.jpg

So I think the Greddy just wants to hide from us the extreme simplicity of this "mod" :)

As I can see from back side of PCB - there is just 6x2pin parts soldered (excluding wires). Logically it could be only resistors. If you say it was 510ohms between red wire and each green "out".

Don't you remember - was it 510ohms in both directions? Just to be sure there is no any diods also (but I don't see any use for diods with this type of connection)..

• 2 weeks later...

Today (finally :) ) I've finished all tests of my EMU and can tell you the results.

The [GReddy e-manage Ultimate injector adapter #2 - #15901504] is NOTHING else than simple 6x510ohm resistors (value ~0.2USD).

So if you have e-manage ultimate with SN

1) Find 6x470...560 Ohm resistors (0,5w)

2) disassemble the unit

3) Solder the resistors as shown on the pics (there is realy nothing complex to explain)

One side of each resistor should be connected to one pin of the jumpers (JP1-JP6) - see pics.

The other (common) point of resistors should go to +12V.

Thats all!

After this mod you will have the "adapter" inside your EMU.

IMG044.jpg

IMG045.jpg

pcb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I know it's a old thread, but it's become 'the' injector adapter thread to my mind, anyway it is a good one :)

So here's a pic of how I modded my Ultimate to contain the adapter...

I soldered the resistors onto the connector pins on the back of the pcb, not as neat looking perhaps, but it leaves the jumpers clear in case they're needed (they aren't on a Supra, but if you ever wanted to sell it, you wouldn't need to take these out).

Dsc_2991_crop_800w_inj_adapt_2.jpg Dsc_2992_crop800w_inj_adapt_2.jpg

• 1 year later...
Guest Scuzzy

Man, I hate to be the newbie bumping an old thread but...

"So if you have e-manage ultimate with SN

So what do you when you have a greater than 4000 and it's still running rich? I've cracked open my EMU and I can see the factory resistors of 510K value on the PCB and the (E) printed on the circut board and a sticker on the case with "GSCII 13170". I've wired up my EMU in such a way that it's easily removable, to the extent that I can select what pins I want to pass to the EMU, and I've even tried setting it up with nothing but Power/Ground/Injectors with zero maps and it will still run rich. Without trying to source another emanage ultimate I'm not quite sure what could be the issue with my unit. I've got a multimeter that can do a Duty Cycle reading and I'm seeing the duty cycle values change for the ECU output once the EMU is connected.

Not expecting much, just any other idea's people may have, I only stumbled across this Adaptor #2 which got my hopes up :(

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...