The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1999 RZs VVTI Tiptronic

Guest Mike Leavy

Guest Mike Leavy

Rare Oct 1999 Twin Turbo Supra RZs VVTI Tiptronic Facelift J-spec. Quicksilver with sideskirts & spats. As stock except black leather interior. VGC. Imported in 2003 on 'V' plate by JIC. Full service history with Toyota every 4-5k miles. 84k. Mechanically perfect. MoT to Sept 2008. Tracker & Clifford 500 alarm/immobiliser. Minor stone chips & slight scuff to drivers door- needs some Tlc. Just bought Porsche Turbo so must sell. £10,500. ovno

Rare Oct 1999 Twin Turbo Supra RZs VVTI Tiptronic Facelift J-spec. Quicksilver with sideskirts & spats. As stock except black leather interior. VGC. Imported in 2003 on 'V' plate by JIC. Full service history with Toyota every 4-5k miles. 84k. Mechanically perfect. MoT to Sept 2008. Tracker & Clifford 500 alarm/immobiliser. Minor stone chips & slight scuff to drivers door- needs some Tlc. Just bought Porsche Turbo so must sell. £10,500. ovno

Bargain!

Guest Mike Leavy
Man that price is insane,you could probably get 5k more easy.Good luck with the sale bud.

Yep, I kno its cheap at that price. But wud like to sell quickly now I've got my Porsche!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mike Leavy

Still unsold! Had a couple of offers but I'm not giving the car away - its too good for that! Anyone got real money for a well maintained twin turbo VVTI?

Still unsold! Had a couple of offers but I'm not giving the car away - its too good for that! Anyone got real money for a well maintained twin turbo VVTI?

Hey,

Tough time of year to sell one of these, mine is almost identical, but on a '98 with 100k. Tried selling it for a month or two, had a few silly offers initially which i turned down and then it went silent. I think the problem is that there seem to be absolutely loads of supra tt's for sale at the mo, and prices seem to have dipped because of this. Also with christmas being just around the corner it also doesnt help I guess. I had mine up for £8650 no offers at one point, and still had people trying to knock me down!!! Hence whilst ive decided to keep it, not worth giving these away at a silly price!!

If you can hold out until next year around March time it'll go in no time ;)

Hey,

Tough time of year to sell one of these, mine is almost identical, but on a '98 with 100k. Tried selling it for a month or two, had a few silly offers initially which i turned down and then it went silent. I think the problem is that there seem to be absolutely loads of supra tt's for sale at the mo, and prices seem to have dipped because of this. Also with christmas being just around the corner it also doesnt help I guess. I had mine up for £8650 no offers at one point, and still had people trying to knock me down!!! Hence whilst ive decided to keep it, not worth giving these away at a silly price!!

If you can hold out until next year around March time it'll go in no time ;)

You are probably right mate.

Main problem is that most new members looking to buy a car see yours at 10.5k and one down the road on a 93 for 5k and think you are overpriced.

The people who know what the late models command and what the VVTI tip is all about are too few and far between.

It may well be a waiting game, even at that price.

Main problem is that most new members looking to buy a car see yours at 10.5k and one down the road on a 93 for 5k and think you are overpriced.

The people who know what the late models command and what the VVTI tip is all about are too few and far between.

It may well be a waiting game, even at that price.

:iagree:

Guest Mike Leavy

Sure you're right!

Fortunately I don't need to sell the car quickly - it's just not getting driven now.

I think its actually underpriced for a very late '99 so I'll wait until someone who actually values a good VVTI realises that. I'm not going to give it away.

I had mine up for £8650 no offers at one point, and still had people trying to knock me down!!! Hence whilst ive decided to keep it, not worth giving these away at a silly price!!

Hi, Mike sorry yours didn't sell - I thought it was sold at one point for 9050? Seems people don't know about VVTi's or Tiptronics and try stupid offers Yours is too cheap too. I would have a tough time deciding which to buy a 98 or 99 - hmm tough choice. Hope you and Mike get you money.

Sure you're right!

Fortunately I don't need to sell the car quickly - it's just not getting driven now.

I think its actually underpriced for a very late '99 so I'll wait until someone who actually values a good VVTI realises that. I'm not going to give it away.

If you don't need to rush, then don't feel pressured into dropping the price.

I think it is way under priced for a late year VVTi, but like someone said, you need a buyer who understands the difference between a late facelift VVTi and an early J spec. Main problem is that there are plenty of young buyers with a £5 - £6k bank loan burning a whole in their pocket, and much fewer **usually** older buyers with the budget for a late facelift VVTi, and therefore, the cheaper cars turnover quicker.

I didn't drop the price on my VVTi TT6, and eventually a buyer came along. When he did, he knew exactly what he was looking at, had looked at a couple of tired examples from the trader, and the quality of a well maintained, well loved car closed the deal.

Hang in there, the right buyer will come along, and definitely don't give it away!

Hi, Mike sorry yours didn't sell - I thought it was sold at one point for 9050? Seems people don't know about VVTi's or Tiptronics and try stupid offers Yours is too cheap too.

Yeah it was classed as sold at one point, but the buyer couldnt raise the rest of the funds for the car, and hence tried to knock me down a bit more. It was a steal at £9050 and I couldnt justify letting it going for even lower than that.

Im keeping it now and gonna put a few more miles on here, and then maybe try again next year around March/April ;)

Guest Mike Leavy
Nice car Mike, really nice colour too and as it's a 99 very cheap too! Shame your having to sell and hope it all goes well. Can I ask you what made you change to a Porker? Which model have you bought?

Really I just got a bit bored with the Supe! So I've got a 2 year old 911 (996) Turbo S with a re-mapped ECU delivering 530 bhp, adjustable race suspension, sports clutch & exhaust & ceramic brakes. Awesome.:)

All I need now is someone who can afford a really good facelift Supe.

Guest Mike Leavy

Thanks m8 - the car really needs an appreciative owner - I've just outgrown it. Sahem really - the most reliable car I've EVER had - not been off the road a single day (other than services) in the 4+ years I've had it. And easily the most powerful car I've had until the Porsche!

Good luck mate. Exactly the same as mine (minus the tweaks) etc. I'd hold on for your price. I've had nothing but joy from mine (maybe some pain but self induced) and the facelifts with VVTI in that colour just look so classy. Top example!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.