The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1999 RZs VVTI Tiptronic

Guest Mike Leavy

Really I just got a bit bored with the Supe! So I've got a 2 year old 911 (996) Turbo S with a re-mapped ECU delivering 530 bhp, adjustable race suspension, sports clutch & exhaust & ceramic brakes. Awesome.:)

All I need now is someone who can afford a really good facelift Supe.

Good choice - but you'll need to sell the supe to fund new brake discs! ;)

Guest Mike Leavy

Mmmm. I know its not cheap to run a Porsche (this is my 4th!). But it only needs a service every 12000 miles as opposed to 4500 for the Supe - so there is that compensation. And anyway just look at how much money people sink into their Supe's.

The only thing I need to buy for the Porsche are some locking wheel nuts!!!

Mmmm. I know its not cheap to run a Porsche (this is my 4th!). But it only needs a service every 12000 miles as opposed to 4500 for the Supe - so there is that compensation. And anyway just look at how much money people sink into their Supe's.

The only thing I need to buy for the Porsche are some locking wheel nuts!!!

I really hope you were aware of the price of ceramic discs before you bought. Porsche's are not cheap to run, but they're not too bad. But ceramic discs are a whole different ball park - they are something ridiculous like £2k-3k per disc. I can't remember exact prices but I'm sure I've read that a set of 4 would be more than £10K.

I think you can replace them with standard steel ones if you have to though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.