The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Translation Needed

michael

Can anyone here read this page?

http://www.3asfh.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16275

The dates I can read match up to the time when my forum was hacked, my URL is in the thread but to this day I've been unable to understand why an empty car forum would be a target, does the text give any clues?

Mine is the megaboost.co.uk link, there is some text above it, does this say anything juicy?

I presume they just found a list of forums with the security hole they needed and posted it up to spread their anti-US message but I'm still curious to see what was said on there :)

Ah! "Margna nose in the sand" - no wonder :)

So my forum was destroyed to "eliminate the positions of atheism" - nice to see religious nutters taking out an innocent car forum for the cause. Bravo!

What you didn't realise is that I didn't even visit the link before just putting it through google's arabic translator. :)

How did you manage to get involved with that then? any heated religious debates I can be indifferent to? :)

No idea, I just made a forum when I got made redundant because I was interested to see what was involved, it got quite a few members and then one day I clicked on it and found arabic music and a flash movie showing pictures of dead US troops.

At the time there was a bug with the calendar software, there still is because I don't have a newer version due to being a tightwad but it's disabled now - I presume they just hunted the web for vulnerable sites and exploited the bug rather than carrying out attacks on people who have upset them.

But having said that I'm an atheist...

It's so weak of them to have attacked your site. They are the internet equivalent of graffiti artists who only paint on building where no-one will see it excepts their friends.

Those artists should be out putting graffiti on cops and those 'hackers' should be doing similar.

Mmm, looks like I've upset someone again - I can't login to my forum anymore, one chap who can says he can't see any topics, it just says "No forum specified"

Ballbags :)

That'll teach me to use old software and not give them money for secure upgrades eh! Upsetting people on the Internet has it's downsides :p

Hi Michael,

just did a quick edit on your first post to remove the real time link for safety's sake.

I wouldnt want them seeing their site being linked to from this site and them coming a'calling.

JB

Ah yes, good move, sorry about that.

I doubt I'll bother converting anything to be honest, it's not active and it doesn't contain anything of great interest to anyone - I just like tinkering around with the software.

Originally it was intended to replace the "contact" me links on my MR2 website as I got a lot of messages, that doesn't happen so much now so I don't need to try and force people into a forum to get answers from other people :)

I'll get phpBB for my own amusement and see if any of the existing members of the vB one even notice, I suspect they won't.

Guest Geneb

was working a few days back when i looked.

shame its been messed up was kinda hoping you would just go away and just post on your own forum rather than being super negative on here but alas thats not gonna happen

shame its been messed up was kinda hoping you would just go away and just post on your own forum rather than being super negative on here but alas thats not gonna happen

Negative? He's the original optimist! :)

Apologies for that, perhaps you'll finally upgrade to an Alfa and escape from me that way.

Good luck!

Guest Geneb
Apologies for that, perhaps you'll finally upgrade to an Alfa and escape from me that way.

Good luck!

LOL already got the alfa but your still here:p

Guest Geneb
I think I do too, as it would also be mine. Ultimately it's not worth bothering though as some people will just never be able to understand.

LOL sorry you mistake me for a yorkshireman im from lancashire the right side of the border where people have an IQ high than 4 and have gravy on there chips:p