The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Apexi power intake for TT

Chris and Alana

Yeah Iv not had it long but but with turbo'd cars it has alot to do with intake temps and Iv read how hot it can get under the bonnet of a TT and have changed countless times between the induction kit and the stock box to see which is best and I cant make my mind up so I took peoples advice (CW+members) and decided that theoretically the stock box is much better as it sucks in cool air constantly rather than hot or fluctuating air. Iv read all about pressure differences aswell and to be honest I did get an extra 1psi from the induction kit and the noise is very nice but I also figured that the extra 30odd degrees will easily sap the extra power givin from 1psi and my SMIC with have alot more heat to deal with especially seen as I am BPU now (1.2bar). Also if I kept the induction kit I would have to spend more money on heat shielding and cold air ducting and still get no where near the cool intake temps of the stock box. I havnt really helped sell this have I, lol. Anyway the Apexi filters are really good and I have put an Apexi element in my stock box for a bit better air flow aswell. God I can ramble sometimes.

Anyway Buy this people its the only way to stop me swapping all the time :looney:

Agreed Chris. Chris Wilson told me to do the same, sadly I can't as my feeds don't fit over the Rad and I'd have clearence issues with the FMIC.

Just to clarify though all, the Apexi was the best Induction kit out of all those tested - so it is proven. My Blitz is a pile of crap.

Thanks Greg :)

Nice bit of kit that!!!

Perhaps get one of these?

Iv seen a pic of this before and it looks very good :thumbs: However its more money to create heat shielding and ducting and then it becomes very similar to a stock box again but alot more expensive :D So thats why Iv decided to go back to stock it just didnt make sense spending loads of cash on an induction kit (which I already done) and them loads more on ducting and heat shielding to create a 'box' again. From everyrthing Iv read about induction the best setup seems to be stock box with an air feed to pressurise the air box but then you get alot more debris and some water into the air box but I may try and adapt something in the future.

Could someone be a gent and clarify if these induction kits are the same for the N/A and TT? Im 90% sure they are the same but I dont want to tell someone they are if they arent.

How much will the postage be mate? I am just having my Greddy FMIC fitted and the stock airbox I bought a month or so ago does not fit with stock airbox on :(

thats what i thought until homer made my doubts come true, you have to fiddle with the piping and it will fit

I may not have said the best things here to sell this but its all personal preference to whether you keep the stock box or use an induction kit, there are arguments for both but the Apexi power intake is a great kit, it offers v.good airflow with v.good filtration properties unlike most filters. Heres a link to look at http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

You can no longer buy these new (from what Iv read) and this one is in very good condition.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.