The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are these injectors suitable?

Jake

Would I just muller things right up if I asked whats the difference between hi imp and low imp and whats with the need of a resistor??

HI imp injectors are basicaly hi resistance injectors that all Jspec cars use and the drivers in the ECU is set up to run these. For some bizzare reason Toyota seen it fit to Change this on the UK/US spec and use a low resistance injector but still used high feed driver in the ECU so a resistance pack was needed. So basicaly a Uk injector with a resistance pack has the same resistance as a Jspec injector without a pack.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jake,I dont know if you were being sarcasic or not, but that just means it takes fuel from 4 points on the side of the injector, and has a 4 hole discharge.

Gotta let Mig have his techie hit once in a while. :eyebrows: :D

Cheers U ...I, :D m now gonna put my dunce hat back on and go into thick mode ...i like that mode best :friday:

Jake,I dont know if you were being sarcasic or not, but that just means it takes fuel from 4 points on the side of the injector, and has a 4 hole discharge.
Hi Ali,

No mate I wasn't kidding, I try to not fuck about in the Tech section. I kind of guessed that what it meant but I didn't know. Sorry if I appear thick, I'm still trying to get my head round this whole fuelling subject. I've no previous experience in this department.

Sorry Jake I should have been more clear . If you look at the pic that I posted and the explanation Usmann has done it will give you an idea. like Monkey says there is also a number of other injectors that will fit straight into the Stock rail. Just make sure that you get the correct size for your mods/future mods. you don't want to go to small if you are planing to go large spec and you don't want to go too large if you are not going mad as they will be hard to control and also cost you twice to change them.. Work out your ultimate/maximum goals and spec the injectors from there. :)

blitz 850`s drop into stock rail. they loads more to buy like the pe injectors. supposed to work well with emanage.
I'm never going to need 850cc injectors. TerryS manages on 650cc PEs, That'll do for me.

I'm assuming that the nearer they are to stock size the easier it'll be to trim them with an eManage/Map/Safc2/whatever, right?

us spec injectors are a lot cheaper but you need to get a resistor pack and fuel rail.
I'm trying to avoid the hassle and expense of rails/resistor packs. To be frank, if I can't do this cheap I won't do it. I've just spent ten grand on a VVTi and I'm running out of money.

shop around as i seen blitz 850`s as low as $125 each
Where?

Cheers Mig, we must've been thinking and typing the same things. I 'only' want a really fast road car. I'm not interested in impressing folks with my dyno figures. Maybe I should just pinch Terry's car. It has the exact spec I want but I don't have his money.

Cheers Mig, we must've been thinking and typing the same things. I 'only' want a really fast road car. I'm not interested in impressing folks with my dyno figures. Maybe I should just pinch Terry's car. It has the exact spec I want but I don't have his money.

Believe me his car has not cost the amount you would think it has. This was his whole goal to get a street car for not a mass amount of money. He has already done that and got the T-shirt. We have built his car on a realistic budget if you want to do it correct and have we have learnt what works and what don't. There are a lot of things on his current car that you would not need as in JIC and diff ect ect. The main power side of things was done on a sensible budget as in everyday man type thing and it has Very good results . The 600 to 650 range of injectors are a sensible option for the everyday car with a fair bit of gusto.

Good discussion :thumbs:

Jake, there is a budget single kit with E-Manage and Vortex 650's happening Real Soon Now to a vvti :) We'll keep you updated on if it all works and how much it all cost :D

850's are as big as I'd go on an airflow-fudger piggyback. 650's are as small as I'd go on a single turbo. You can get both of these in drop-in format (wish I'd know that before I shelled out on my mahoosive fuel system :innocent: ) without any need for fuel rails, resistor packs etc. Just a Walbro pump should do the trick. Runs a T61 great :)

-Ian

Guest Terry S

Also, you really dont want too much injector unless you have a standalone.

The PE's offer the best spray pattern, that is why we sell them.

Low impedance injectors control better, but for some strange reason Toyota put low impedance injectors in the UK/US cars, but instead of using the better controls, the stuck to hi impedance drivers in the ECU, but put a resistor pack inline, meaning they will control no better than Hi Impendance ones.

Guest Terry S
Believe me his car has not cost the amount you would think it has. This was his whole goal to get a street car for not a mass amount of money. He has already done that and got the T-shirt. We have built his car on a realistic budget if you want to do it correct and have we have learnt what works and what don't. There are a lot of things on his current car that you would not need as in JIC and diff ect ect. The main power side of things was done on a sensible budget as in everyday man type thing and it has Very good results . The 600 to 650 range of injectors are a sensible option for the everyday car with a fair bit of gusto.

Easy for you to say :twak: ;)