The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Competition this Saturday !

Gerry

At the Surrey Meet

See:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=145097

I was parking nose-in recently and cursing that I wasn’t quite sure of exactly where my nose finished (a sad admission I know) !

I then started to wonder how many other Supra owners knew exactly where the end of their nose was - the competition was born :)

The Famous Grouse Parking Competition

Rules

1, Drive slowly up to the marker (bottle) and stop as close to it as you can.

2, Drivers who touch the marker will be immediately disqualified and humiliated :(

3, The driver who is closest to the marker (without touching) wins the bottle :D

"]* no sneaky outside help is allowed in any form whatsoever (Daisy / Sheena)

* only one go is allowed - no excuses (e.g. I sneezed - sun in eyes - undulating grass etc)

* the adjudication of the Official Measurer is final and not to be argued with (unless I don’t win)

* no questioning of the police calibrated Official Measuring Tool will be tolerated

* there will be no interference, haranguing or bribing of the Official Measurer

* in the event of a draw, the winner will be decided by the tossing of the Official Tossing Coin

* in the event of an Official Toss-Off, only two options of calls will be made, “heads” or “tails”

* if the Official Tosser is related to any of the finalists, he will relinquish this duty to the Deputy Tosser

* no disruption will be tolerated whilst the Official Tosser or Deputy Tosser is in the act of Tossing

* if after the Official Toss, the Official Tossing Coin has landed end-on - who gives a toss - I get the bottle [/font]

The first Try out was at last months Surrey Meet (see thread for vid of Laz winning and me doing crap)

Who's is the blue veilside one from the last meet? Love that colour.

Sorry... memory like a "thingy" - can't recall what it is" !

Looked great, but I think the owner wasn't happy with the spray job (know the feeling) !

sieve - that's the word :)

was fun, but i didnt make the vid - must have been too C**p ;)

Sorry... :(

I didn't get the nice yellow R34 GTR either - shame !

I didn't think of videoing it until someone suggested it so I missed a couple - and you wern't as crap as me :blink:

:)

Good luck guys. I seem to recall that those of us who stopped in time (whether 4 miles before the bottle or not) were in the minority :D

Seeing as I won't be there this month, anyone fancy having a go for me? I'll collect the winning bottle at Japfest, cheers :D

Great News folks...

I've just had confirmation that Mr T has said he will be our Official Measurer again.

This position not only requires a very keen eye, but someone who is impervious to both bribery and intimidation and Mr T did a stirling job last month (even though he let Laz win) :)

Looking at the weather forecast, it looks like we will be fortunate not to be blinded by the sun during the competition and for those of us with Turbo's, the cool air will give max boost on the run up :D

See ya tomorrow...

G :)