The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible complete mkiv

Tourniquet

Bollox 2 u Sheefa, my car was fucked n i may end up losing it who the fuck r u to accuse me of fraud !!!!! For your information i did hit a tree and smashed up the spoiler outside my girls tryin to manouver up a big curb round a parked car and the tree on to the pavement. The £850+ 4 the spoiler is what Toyota quoted both the repair shop and myself. U may well get a cheap one else where but they gotta fo through those means havent they, if u were an insurer u should know that !!!

Quite a few years ago my car was damaged in a car park. I needed 5 panels repainting and replacement spats. At the time MKIV values were much higher, so write off was out of the question. Trying to buy new OEM spats was virtual impossibility. I pursued the insurance company to let my use second hand parts. I had to sign some agreement, but it was well worth it, to get the car back ASAP. If you could persuade your insurance co to do the same, it may not be written off. Worth a try.

If unsuccessful, you know the vultures here will buy most of the car.

keeping an eye on this as ill have some bits :)

as an idea

gearbox conversion bits you would get £2k for.

selling all the other bits slowly you would prob get about £4k at least, but its do you have the space to keep the car on the drive. If you can strip the shell quickly and put everything in your garage and get the shell taken away its not too bad.

I've got somewhere to put it all just the 'ag and time of doing it. I just wanna be back on the road asap. As for the category it would be in, I think a C and it would be road legal to insure again. I can request the car doesn't go on the hit list as it's only cosmetic damage which can be restored rather than crash damage so there's no reason to have it scrapped. And Mr Terminator that sounds like a good idea to me. I'm hoping to suggest that I use other parts anway coz for example £800 odd for a standard spoiler is ludicrous when I'd much prefer a £275 TRD one anyway.

Apologies mate, but I see claims VERY similar to this and believe me the fraud strike rate is very high. The insurance companies on the whole last year had to fork out over £1bn in what was 'said' to be fraudulent or staged claims. This is personal lines and doesn't even include commercial. This really does fit the bill for the typical scenario.

Didn't mean to formerly accuse, just putting my perspective on the matter and if anything, trying to put forward a pointer in saying get your EXACT facts together mate. :)

Greg

I can request the car doesn't go on the hit list as it's only cosmetic damage which can be restored rather than crash damage so there's no reason to have it scrapped.

I presume by not going on the hitlist, you mean not recorded. I can't see how they could write-off a car, but not record it. The two are the same aren't they?

If they could pay out on it, but not record it, then it would be worth a lot more money and your buy-back price wouldn't be quite so attractive, particularly considering they have just agreed with you that it's worth £10k undamaged.

Tbh I don't understand it all and am still waiting for the letter of confirmation. What i said is what I've gathered from a mate in the scrappy business. U may be right Car10s I'll have to wait and see what they say. And Sheefa no worries mate i see your point I spose, just a bit shocked as I was only testing the water so to speak, wasn't expecting that i just thought I'd get a few I wants. Fingers crossed they might just fix me up and send me on my way which i'll be more than happy with too

Tbh I don't understand it all and am still waiting for the letter of confirmation. What i said is what I've gathered from a mate in the scrappy business. U may be right Car10s I'll have to wait and see what they say. And Sheefa no worries mate i see your point I spose, just a bit shocked as I was only testing the water so to speak, wasn't expecting that i just thought I'd get a few I wants. Fingers crossed they might just fix me up and send me on my way which i'll be more than happy with too

Good man. Well good luck either way buddy, I'm sure all will be sorted :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.