The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel sealant group buy

JustGav

Following on from

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=95787

I've spoken to the guys who get all my cleaning products from, and he is willing to do a group buy on the following products.

Chemical guys wheel guard

http://www.chemicalguys.com/photos/WAC_303-1.jpg

Wheel guard combines the latest innovations in chemistry to deliver a protective coating that will outlast and outshine any wheel product on the market today.Wheel Guard is formulated to effortlessly clean ,shine , protect and prolong all types of wheels and wheel finishes.Wheel Guard delivers a high gloss durable shine on all chrome,aluminium,stainless and powder coated wheels.

Features

# Safe on all wheel finishes

# Provides a fantastic wet looking shine on all types of wheels

# Provides excellent durability

# Anti static agents prevent the gathering of dirt and brake dust

# Beads water like no other product

Clay bar - used for pulling all the little bits of tar and stuff out of the wheels before they start building up.

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/images/prodimages/clay.gif

Acid rain, brake dust, road silt and a range of fallout are brutal enemies of your paint. Regular use of water and Sonus Gloss Shampoo wash away loose dirt but not the embedded contamination. The sun helps these pollutants on their journey to penetrate, oxidize and eventually destroy your paint.

SFX Ultra Fine Detailing Clay is a new cleaning system that safely and gently removes even the most stubborn paint-toxic pollutants. SFX Ultra Fine Detailing Clay removes embedded soil through microscopic polishing that removes the dirt without touching the paint.

Traditional detailing clays are designed to remove heavy contamination. They work by sheering off dirt particles on the surface of your paint. The more aggressive the clay, the heavier the contamination load it can handle. The most aggressive grades of clay should only be used by a trained professional, as improper use will cause clear coat damage.

Sonus SFX Ultra Fine Detailing Clay is so fine that it will not leave microscopic scratches. It cannot be over used. In fact, Sonus SFX Ultra Fine Detailing Clay is so fine that it will not remove most waxes.

Use Sonus SFX Ultra Fine Detailing Clay regularly to remove:

#Road grime (tar, grease, tire rubber)

#Bug and bird remains

#Rail and brake dust

#Line paint overspray

#Road salts

#Hard water deposits

#Factory fallout and acid rain

When used as directed for regular maintenance, one bar of Sonus SFX Ultra Fine Detailing Clay will clean your vehicle’s paint 3-4 times.

Meguairs hot rims - wheel cleaner

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/images/prodimages/hotrims.gif

If you don't know what type of wheels you have, this is the safe choice. Hot Rims is a highly effective formula that removes road grime and brake dust on all wheel surfaces ... or surfaces surrounding the wheels. We use tough, penetrating, neutralising agents that dissolve and lift the dirt and grime by breaking it down and washing it away. Just spray it on and hose it off

Obviously if the alloys are marked, it isn't a case of just spray on and hose off, however combined with the clay bar and sealant, once done and maintained properly it will help keep the rubbish off the wheels.

I personally would recommend doing this on new wheels before they are fitted, or at least clean them on all surfaces.

The groupbuy is going to be around £25 excl p&p, which will be around £3.50.

Any interest in this?

Sounds good :thumbs: couple of questions:

1.does the clay need to be used in conjunctio with a spray, as for Meguires Quick clay/detailer?

2.wot dya need for postage as I'm a bit of a way from you?

cheers

No the clay isn't used with the hot rims stuff... Just use a soapy solution with the clay after using the hot rims and rinsing it off.

The postage I believe covers the UK. Will confirm.

No the clay isn't used with the hot rims stuff... Just use a soapy solution with the clay after using the hot rims and rinsing it off.

The postage I believe covers the UK. Will confirm.

I use that clay and personally i would buy the sfx spray lube as well it is less messy that way.You can use it on your body panels then as well.

I use that clay and personally i would buy the sfx spray lube as well it is less messy that way.You can use it on your body panels then as well.

I can certainly ask about the spray, but wouldn't use the same clay bar on the wheels and the body. I've got seperate bars for that.

1. Phoenix-one (Gav)

2. Gamer (Joe)

3. pete_TT

Also how much would it be for an extra clay bar?

Have a chat with Peter Richards, as valeting/detailing is his main game, I'm just doing this GB for a product not yet in his collection :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.