The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V160 Gear Oil - Officially discontinued

Gaz Walker

For the love of god can no one read my posts?!!?

Find some Esso Dexron 21065!!!

Alex, I did read your post mate. Do you have any examples of people who have used this in the Supra with success ?

I decided on trying to source the RP stuff as that thread over on Supra forums indicated to me that it has at least been tested with success.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex, I did read your post mate. Do you have any examples of people who have used this in the Supra with success ?

I decided on trying to source the RP stuff as that thread over on Supra forums indicated to me that it has at least been tested with success.

It's used in the Skyline version of the same gearbox and Getrag recommend it...but no thanks to V160 oil always in the past being available, none of the Supra's I know have tried it.

It's used in the Skyline version of the same gearbox and Getrag recommend it...but no thanks to V160 oil always in the past being available, none of the Supra's I know have tried it.

Any chance you could help me find some of this stuff I have searched around but no luck yet....

I'll see what I can dig up...go with the RP if you're happy there are no pitfalls to it. But I would like someone to get the Dexron 21065 to at least compare it! If I can sort out a source...

I cannot even find the RP stuff over here. The RP website listing the suppliers is from 2003 and most of them have gone out of business....

Anyone know where I can get royal purple synchromax ?

This is f***king rediculous, what the hell is toyota thinking.

Don't know what all the fuss is about. BMW, Maserati and GM all use versions of the same Gatrag box, all have their "own" oil for it. Analysis below, easisest to find is the BMW oil called MTF-LT-1

cSt@40 c 37.5

cSt@100 c 7.5

Viscosity index 172

SUS @ 100F 190.1

SUS @ 210 F 51.3

sliver

Boron 205

Aluminum 1

Calcium

Cadmium

Chromium

Copper

Iron

Magnesium 2

Manganese

Molbdenum

Sodium 2

Nickel

Phosphorus 484

Lead

Antimony

Silicon

Tin

Vanadium

Zinc 7

Total Acid Number 0.63 mgKOH/g

viscosity -cP @ -10 c 2116

viscosity - cP 2 -20 c H4757

viscosity - cP @ -30 c H 12347

viscosity - cP @ - 40 c H 38246

API 35

Specific gravity @ 60/60 F .8501

Lb/Gal 7.080

Don't know what all the fuss is about. BMW, Maserati and GM all use versions of the same Gatrag box, all have their "own" oil for it. Analysis below, easisest to find is the BMW oil called MTF-LT-1

cSt@40 c 37.5

cSt@100 c 7.5

Viscosity index 172

SUS @ 100F 190.1

SUS @ 210 F 51.3

sliver

Boron 205

Aluminum 1

Calcium

Cadmium

Chromium

Copper

Iron

Magnesium 2

Manganese

Molbdenum

Sodium 2

Nickel

Phosphorus 484

Lead

Antimony

Silicon

Tin

Vanadium

Zinc 7

Total Acid Number 0.63 mgKOH/g

viscosity -cP @ -10 c 2116

viscosity - cP 2 -20 c H4757

viscosity - cP @ -30 c H 12347

viscosity - cP @ - 40 c H 38246

API 35

Specific gravity @ 60/60 F .8501

Lb/Gal 7.080

Someone fire that at Oilman :)

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220576&page=2

We found this synthetic blend by starting with the information in the Toyota Supra Repair Manual, which lists "ESSO ATF DEXTRON®D-21065" as an oem-approved replacement/equivalent for Toyota's V160 fluid. After many calls to Esso/Mobil/Exxon (even offering to buy a whole barrel of D21065 from them), we found out that D21065 isn't made any more, except (probably) exclusively for Toyota (or Getrag?), as a special order. Mobil also told us that D21065 is nothing but a simple "qualification code"" for plain old DextronII, so then they helped us track down the best 'modern equivalent' of their D21065: Mobil Mercon V Synthetic Blend ATF, which is exactly the same fluid as the AAMCO-labelled product, but the Aaamco-label is easier to obtain by the quart. I've been using it in my 6spd for over a year. It shifts great and the shifter centers properly.

Unfortunately:

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/NAUSENPVLMOMobil_Mercon_V_Synthetic_Blend_ATF.asp

Mobil Mercon V Synthetic Blend ATF

Product Description

DISCONTINUED - For a product data sheet or replacement product information, please see the contact information at the bottom of this document.

Mobil Mercon V Synthetic Blend ATF is a premium synthetic blend lubricant for automatic transmissions and other applications that require a fluid satisfying Ford's Mercon® V specification or General Motors' Dexron® -III or Dexron II specifications. It is also approved for applications where a Ford Mercon type fluid is recommended. Additionally, Mobil Mercon V Synthetic Blend ATF is suitable for use in both newer and older Chrysler automatic transmission applications.

Unfortunately:

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/NAUSENPVLMOMobil_Mercon_V_Synthetic_Blend_ATF.asp

Mobil Mercon V Synthetic Blend ATF

Product Description

DISCONTINUED - For a product data sheet or replacement product information, please see the contact information at the bottom of this document.

Mobil Mercon V Synthetic Blend ATF is a premium synthetic blend lubricant for automatic transmissions and other applications that require a fluid satisfying Ford's Mercon® V specification or General Motors' Dexron® -III or Dexron II specifications. It is also approved for applications where a Ford Mercon type fluid is recommended. Additionally, Mobil Mercon V Synthetic Blend ATF is suitable for use in both newer and older Chrysler automatic transmission applications.

Right well I'll be shutting up about that one...

Thank you for your enquiry. After speaking with my contact over at EssoMobil I have found that the product isn't called Esso Dexron 21065 it is called Esso ATF D21065 with a Dexron Specification. Please find below full quotation for the Esso ATF D21065. A technical data sheet has been attached for your reference.

Esso ATF D21065- 1 x 20lts

£3.76 per litre

£75.20 per 20 litre

Delivery Period: Standard Delivery Period is 7-10 working days

Delivery Charge: Standard Delivery Charge is £15.00 (but is dependable on total weight ordered and delivery area in UK)

Payment Method: Debit Card

Credit Card (+2.5% Credit Card charge)

Cheque

Payment must be received in full and in advance.

Above price is for 1 x 20 litre container only.

Trusting the above meets your requirements, we look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

The County Oil Group Ltd

Beca House, Ashville Way

Ashville Industrial Estate

Runcorn, Cheshire

WA7 3EZ

Tel:- 01928 718000

Fax:- 01928 716887

joe lad, did you check the main uk website?

http://www.royalpurple.co.uk/motorsport/royalpurple.swf

there are uk dealers.

are you in essex?

check the stockists page, you have solus engines and toomy field race engines in essex

si

That is where I got my contact from mate. I used MBR, they have it on the shelf. ;)

Make sure its Royal Purple Synchromax not the standard stuff, this is from SF.

The stuff I got was the synchromax. :)