The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V160 Gear Oil - Officially discontinued

Gaz Walker

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't they take V160 too or is that V161 or something?

From the FAQ by Alex:

Automatic 4-speed A340E

Capacity = 8.2L's (But you can only really change what's in the sump of it and that is ~2L's)

Stock = Toyota Type-IV - 2L's for a quick change. Have 10L's ready for a full flush.

I recommend you stick with stock oils

Interval = 2 years / 30,000 miles per 2L quick change.

NB: You only need to do a full flush if something is wrong....it could actually be harmful to do too many full flushes due to the additives in the oil.

I personally think its bang out of order on Toyota's part.

The car was only discontinued 4 years ago in JP and now they have no oil for the G/box.

It was my understanding that a manufacturer must produce spare parts for 10 years after discontinuation of the model.

Surely this applies to Special fluids also!

Scotty;)

From the FAQ by Alex:

Automatic 4-speed A340E

Capacity = 8.2L's (But you can only really change what's in the sump of it and that is ~2L's)

Stock = Toyota Type-IV - 2L's for a quick change. Have 10L's ready for a full flush.

I recommend you stick with stock oils

Interval = 2 years / 30,000 miles per 2L quick change.

NB: You only need to do a full flush if something is wrong....it could actually be harmful to do too many full flushes due to the additives in the oil.

Cheers mate, V161 is the facelift Gearbox. Oops:)

Guest sicarius123
Royal Purple Synchromax :)

Here is a thread from SF :-

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220576

I've heard good and bad from the american site about that stuff (their search function is useless these days to find it again).

Also I know someone who is running it in their getrag, and honestly it sounds like a truck compared to a getrag running V160.

Also curious as to what the R34 GTR getrag box uses and if the seals are as fragile as ours? Luckily I only changed mine 2,000km ago.

Dan.

morning! dont know if anyones interested but ive just had a workshop clear up and i have 3 litre cans of v160 oil pt no.(08885-01306)in genuine toyota metal 1litre cans. retails at £19.25 each.two of them still have the seal cap ones missing with probably 1/8 of a litre missing.im in cambridge if anyone wants to collect it or can post out at buyers cost,i will take £40 the lot,pm me on first come first serve basis.its no got to me as i brought an auto tt. cheers hope i can help someone.

Little bit of info for anyone who cares.

I have been approached via PM (And others might have been too) by a rogue trader that I am pretty sure has been banned for trading on here. Anyway I have been offered V160 by this person for £63 per litre.

I would just like to publicly say to this person that I would rather stick a pineapple up my butt backwards then pay such an extortionate amount of money. I think you need to crawl back under your rock....

I have been approached via PM (And others might have been too) by a rouge trader that I am pretty sure has been banned for trading on here. Anyway I have been offered V160 by this person for £63 per litre.

I would just like to publicly say to this person that I would rather stick a pineapple up my butt backwards then pay such an extortionate amount of money. I think you need to crawl back under your rock....

Ken is up to his old tricks again then is he?

£63 a litre! That is one hell of a mark up he is making there ;)

I have been approached via PM (And others might have been too) by a rouge trader that I am pretty sure has been banned for trading on here. Anyway I have been offered V160 by this person for £63 per litre.

Jo can you pm me the user name please so I can sort it out.

Cheers ;)