The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Overdrive Light Flashing?

Steviegeeza

1993.5 Jap Supra MKIV TT auto 90K miles.

The overdrive off indicator occasionally flashes

1 in 4 seconds after the car has been going

quick!

The box is working fine - smooth changes at

the right time (best auto I've ever driven).

I assume this must be the auto ECU trying to tell

me somthing - Anyone know what it is ? :search:

Thanks

Steve

JAMESMARK !!!

:)

Can you enlighten me / us on this as mine has just started to do this since i put my dash back together, that is , overdrive is flashing and Trac off is flashing. It seemed ok yesterday morning but by the afternoon was back again.

Many thanks mate.

Shaun.

Mine does this too.

Apparently it can be the connections inside your odometer. Pete at thor recommended soldering a wire onto the speed sensor signal (going into the unit) onto the speed sensor wire (going out of the unit). Creating a bypass if you get me

Supposidly thats were the signal breaks down and causes the O/D light to flash (code 42 usually - speed sensor)

HTH

When it says "connect the pink to the blue/red wire" does that mean literally cut and disconect the pink wire from the unit and connect it to the blue/red?

or just splice the pink wire onto the blue/red leaving the pink still attached to the connector also?

Read this fella, http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=57157&highlight=o%2Fd

I did this and my od has stopped flashing also stopped my engine management light coming on and slip cont flashing :D

Good luck fella

• 2 years later...
  • 12 years later...
10 hours ago, Zohain said:

Can someone help 

my over drive and traction light flashing 

I was reading to you by pass pink wire onto red/blue but when I opened my dash I couldn’t see any ...has anyone got video how to do it please 

cant help with the wiring but when i had this issue it was the trac ecu that needed replacing.. opened it up and the circuit board had leaked