The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The story of my GTR...

drift_bear

I suppose it's about time that the truth came out about the GTR and why it's taken so long to get to this stage, we'll sit back and enjoy the read (I apologise on length of the post lol).

Back in june I took the car down to dynatune to start the upgrades for getting more power, it was agreed that before anything was done we would run a full health check and make sure the engine was safe for doing so. After 30mins into the health check I get the call saying that piston/cylinder 5 was on its way out! So I organised to get the car recovered back up here, to save putting anymore stress on to the engine. I organised with foveran garage to store the car there while I decided if I was going to break the car or replace the engine, once I calmed down and stepped back I realised the car was to good to break and I wanted it to live another day! I then set about sourcing an engine, before find one local at clark motorsport.

After dealing with Leigh at foveran garage before I was confident that he could do the job in the time scale I asked, since I wasn't in a hurry for the car and the next big event wasn't untill a couple of months away I told him to take his time....bad mistake that was! Once the car was in I set about helping and started to strip the front end of off the car to help the process and to make it easier for him, since I'm no mechanic I asked if he would help me and make sure I'm doing it right and make sure I'm taken apart/off various hoses/wiring connections, to which he replied "sure I'll help you, but first I need to go see my investors for a meeting".....I never seen him again the rest of the day and I done all that I could of and proceeded to lock up the garage for him. The following weekend I was back at the garage and made more progress with the help of Michael and the engine was more or less ready to just pull out and then the new engine on its place.

After 2 weeks of asking if it had been done, I finally got an answer and it wasn't the one I was looking for, it hadn't been touched! So a few more weeks past of constant messages and visiting the garage to try and push him in the direction of the car and get it ready for JAE cause it was approaching fast and I needed a car to get me there. A few more weeks past and then we had reached August before I knew it and the car was still no further on than before! By this time I had treated to stress and told him to just got the new engine the way it is and we would fit the performance parts at a later date, just to get the car running in time for JAE (this was the only time I had ever changed my mind about something). Since it was getting close to show time I knew something was reading done, so enough is enough and I got some mates over to pull the engine and then fit the new one since he wasn't bothering about it! Me, kris, Jason and Marcin set about for what would be the longest night of our life! We had everything off and out the car apart from the bastard engine! It was only being held in by the clutch, by 3am we decided to call it a night.

2 weeks before JAE and the car was still in the same state with the engine half out and only being held in by the clutch and followed by more broken promises and lies, It was by this point I realised I wouldn't be making the biggest show of the year and catching up with friends I only get to see once a year! Luckily for me by some pure chance of luck I still made it to JAE, but not in the GTR....I had managed to secure my old supra back, not only was I sick of having a car that was broken, I had lost the love for the GTR and didn't care what happened to it by this point. It was. Now coming to the middle of September and I had decided it was time to pull the car out from foveran garage and move it to somewhere that will actually work on the car and get it done!

At the end of September I arranged for the car to be collected and moved to another garage, by this point Leigh had fallen out with the landlord of the garage and then the next thing we knew, the garage was for sale! When it come to collection day the keys to the car where nowhere to be seen, they had magically disappeared from the car and made there way into Leigh's car and never to be seen again! Since the keys were missing we couldn't get the car moved, so a wasted day for everyone involved. After chasing between everyone involved with the garage/building the keys are still M.I.A so I had to buy new locks and ignition for the car! Finally at the start of November I was told the car needed to be out the garage ASAP cause they had a potential buyer for it. I finally got the car moved the way it was and got it relocated upto my friends unit untill the new locks and ignition arrived.

Finally the start of this week the car got collected and arrived at A M Vehicle Repairs in insch, to let Adam work his magic! 3 days into having the car, it is nearly ready for start up! He has done more in 3 days than Leigh done in 5 months of having the car, it really says a lot about the level of skill by the mechanic!

So this is a word of warning to anyone that has been recommended Leigh Inglis to avoid like the plague! He takes money from people and doesn't do the work, then gives excuses as to why he hasn't done it!