The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Water pipes for single turbo??

mclarenross

I've worked out where all the oil feeds go, but I can't work out the water pipes... You see in the picture the tri connected water pipe at the bottom of the photo, I think should go into the water pipe at the top which comes out of the bulkhead.... But where does the other water pipe next to it go??? Help please....

its a 1jzgte by the way, but should be same configuration as 2jz

image.jpg

The larger pipe goes to the heater matrix and the smaller one was the rear turbo feed for the stock set up. This needs to be blocked off (like it is already if not required). Here's a picture showing the additional pipe work:

Pipe blocked off:

The other pipe work from the heater matrix goes into the pipe sticking out the top of thr head in the centre. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, yeah the blocked off (small )pipe did go to the turbos but I've already blocked that off. It's the larger heater matrix ones I can't work out, I've got the big pipe that comes up from the tri metal connector( you can see its got some red coolant in it) I believe that attaches to one of the big pipes on top of the head ? One big pipe goes round the back of the head to the back of the intake plenum.... Is that just a breather pipe?? And the other big pipe comes out of the bulkhead... I imagine its this one, but what do I do with the other (breather) pipe

Thanks for all the feedback, I've worked out the heater matrix pipes now, it's just the air breather (big pipe)that comes out the back of the air intake plenum round the back of the head and previously fed into the cold side of the turbos. Do I just put a mini filter on the end?

And also what do I do with the lambda sensor that I pulled out of the old down pipe? I've got a aem wideband to plug into the new down pipe, so can I just get rid of the old lambda sensor?

Ross, are you using a stock oil cooler. If not I've got 1 of those water feed pipes I've had all the excess holes welded up and the pipe which goes to the matrix hose is also welded on. I had all this done so there was no chance of rubber pipes bursting. With my new setup I've changed the pipe routing so if your interested ill flog you this 1 cheap if you want it.

Thanks for all the feedback, I've worked out the heater matrix pipes now, it's just the air breather (big pipe)that comes out the back of the air intake plenum round the back of the head and previously fed into the cold side of the turbos. Do I just put a mini filter on the end?

Yes a small K&N filter will fit perfectly.

And also what do I do with the lambda sensor that I pulled out of the old down pipe? I've got a aem wideband to plug into the new down pipe, so can I just get rid of the old lambda sensor?

The lambda sensor won't be needed anymore though the wide band will need to be wired into the ecu.

Yes a small K&N filter will fit perfectly.

The lambda sensor won't be needed anymore though the wide band will need to be wired into the ecu.

Thanks Kev, that answers that question, but leads to another ... I was going to wire the wideband into the lighter for power and earth elsewhere, do I have to wire it in to pin48 ( main heated oxygen sensor) on the ecu? And is it just as simple as cutting that pin wire and soldering in the wideband wires. ?