The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Welshbuddy's Supra Build, Engine Conversion++ with videos.

welshbuddy

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

congrats mate,

always nice to hear an engine start after spenging hours and hours onit.

how difficult was the conversion? wiring etc and matching certain parts?

everything working?

The wiring is not as easy as everyone thinks, good job i had a mastermind group doing it ;)!.

conversion, few things to change.

The wiring is not as easy as everyone thinks, good job i had a mastermind group doing it ;)!.

conversion, few things to change.

Awesome job mate, when you get chance could you post up what you had to change/issues you had? I'm undecided on what route i want to go NA-T with TT pistons or 1JZ with a single lol

You say you changed the downpipe is there any reason for that as the soarer pipe is a direct fit and so are the fuel lines.

Only thing i had to change from 2jz was the engine mounts.

I have since changed the fuel line to a braided as i have fitted a FPR.

Didn't change the down pipe used the Soarer one, not sure what welshbuddy ment by that. The fuel damper on the Soarer was a bit short so we used a 2JZ Damper. Will get a picture up to show you what i mean.

Done it easy, and i helped konrad do his.

The only wiring i didnt do was wire the engine temp up as i have my own gauge thats alot more accurate then the stock unit.

The fuel dampner restricts the fuel alot and when wanting to get around 400hp you will need to remove that and get a pipe made up.

I take it you had 440cc injectors fitted on the vids you posted up due to the smoke and slight missfire until warmish.

Also did you do any engine upgrades whilst the block was out as in oil pump - new bearings ect.