The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A02B 6 spd manual LSD (small case j spec)

JohnHandy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm very interested in this!

Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to fit it on my Jspec SZ '93? I think I would have to modify the flange...

Would it make any sense as it has a different ratio? (Sorry but don't really know if there would be any negatives compared to my open diff with 4.272:1 ?)

best regards, Herbert

I'm very interested in this!

Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to fit it on my Jspec SZ '93? I think I would have to modify the flange...

Would it make any sense as it has a different ratio? (Sorry but don't really know if there would be any negatives compared to my open diff with 4.272:1 ?)

best regards, Herbert

Not sure mate that's a question for the technical lads!

All I know is it's off a facelift NA 6spd.

J

Supra Torsens.

N/A 4AT 4.083 A01B

N/A 5MT 4.083 A01B

N/A 6MT 3.769 A02B

T.T. 4AT 3.769 A02B

T.T. 6MT 3.266 A03B

U.K. 6MT 3.133 B03D

So this will fit a Auto TT :)

Or a quick change of the crown wheel ;) I believe Mr C Wilson would be your man!

Still up for grabs folks.... fair bit of interest but no decent offer yet!!

J

They are all Supra JZA80 Torsens, 'A' series are small case and 'B' series are large case.

Small case diffs have equal length drive shafts, yet with the large case, one drive shaft is a little shorter.

N/A MT5 and AT4 diffs have a smaller prop flange, yet can be swapped for a T.T. flange.

With these associated components, all are a plug&play fit in any Supra, T.T. and N/A.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
so would the ratio for this improve acceleration over a non-lsd diff or would it make it worse?

Acceleration is improved if using with a 6spd box and you'll loose a bit of top end.... On the same ratios I got just shy of 170 gps racing a new GTR on a race track ;-) (he never caught me rolling from 70 he threw in the towel at 150) pussy.

However it will put your speedo out by about 8% so you will need to use a speed healer like Terminator did on his sleeper.

J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.