The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra upgrade

THE ANIMAL

I'm sorry neo but your estimates are well out. ITBS don't net you HP.

So if your at 246 at the wheels that would make your flywheel HP what?

I have no idea what power the TB's give you, I was quoting someone else, bad move. Saying that, if they are a larger bore than surely you'd get a power increase?

And my mistake, the 246bhp is engine HP, not wheels. Wheels are 208bhp.

Edited by neo2810 (see edit history)

I have no idea what power the TB's give you, I was quoting someone else, bad move. Saying that, if they are a larger bore than surely you'd get a power increase?

And my mistake, the 246bhp is engine HP, not wheels. Wheels are 208bhp.

NA engine tuning just doesn't work like that. ITBs will give you better throttle response but to extract power from such mods you need cams and headworks and then a remap and i suspect you wont be able to map ITBs on piggy backs so its a full standalone jobby so your looking at atleast 2-3k.

NA engine tuning just doesn't work like that. ITBs will give you better throttle response but to extract power from such mods you need cams and headworks and then a remap and i suspect you wont be able to map ITBs on piggy backs so its a full standalone jobby so your looking at atleast 2-3k.

Cheers for the heads up Martin. I was considering looking at it as an option but I was blinded by the power claims and thought a piggyback ECU and remap would be enough. I'll concentrate on getting a respray and better bodykit in that case :)

£2-3k on a little extra power on an NA is rediculous when I could sell it and buy a TT6 for that!

hey buddy, where in shopshire you from? as i am in shrewsbury week times,

exhaust, loads to choose from!

air filters stated above) dont change :p keep standard one.

daz.

hi pal, im in shrewsbury what exhausts have you got to fit my n/a auto import and and panel filters ??

Full service - all fluids, oil filter, new panel filter (keep stock airbox for best results), 23300-49195 Fuel Filter, spark plugs, 19101-70020 Distributor Cap, 19102-46011 Rotor Arm, 90919-21521 Spark Plug Lead Set, 89465-19615 Oxygen Sensor x 2, etc.

Tuning - tubular exhaust manifold, 2nd decat pipe, cat back exhaust designed for a 2JZ-GE (I'd choose the MT3280 Blitz NUR R). That's about it, don't expect huge gains, I'd guess around 15hp, but the car will feel a lot more responsive.

I'd spend the money optimising the handling and braking, get the suspension arms/joints/bushes checked for wear replace with OEM Toyota parts. Good set of shocks and springs, good quality tyres and a full geometry/alignment check.

Braking - If you have the smaller Supra brakes fitted, replacing with the larger Supra brakes will make a big difference. If you keep the smaller brakes then a quality set of pads, braided stainless steel brake lines, decent brake fluid and a brake master cylinder stopper will get the best out of them.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Full service - all fluids, oil filter, new panel filter (keep stock airbox for best results), 23300-49195 Fuel Filter, spark plugs, 19101-70020 Distributor Cap, 19102-46011 Rotor Arm, 90919-21521 Spark Plug Lead Set, 89465-19615 Oxygen Sensor x 2, etc.

Tuning - tubular exhaust manifold, 2nd decat pipe, cat back exhaust designed for a 2JZ-GE (I'd choose the MT3280 Blitz NUR R). That's about it, don't expect huge gains, I'd guess around 15hp, but the car will feel a lot more responsive.

I'd spend the money optimising the handling and braking, get the suspension arms/joints/bushes checked for wear replace with OEM Toyota parts. Good set of shocks and springs, good quality tyres and a full geometry/alignment check.

Braking - If you have the smaller Supra brakes fitted, replacing with the larger Supra brakes will make a big difference. If you keep the smaller brakes then a quality set of pads, braided stainless steel brake lines, decent brake fluid and a brake master cylinder stopper will get the best out of them.

Great advice right there....

An NA with double decat is horrendously loud...

Especially so if running an exhaust designed for a 2JZ-GTE. This is one of the reasons I'd recommend fitting an exhaust designed specifically for a 2JZ-GE as they have slightly narrower piping, more silencing - usually with a 2nd silencer on the mid pipe - and will give the best performance results.

T

full service - all fluids, oil filter, new panel filter (keep stock airbox for best results), 23300-49195 fuel filter, spark plugs, 19101-70020 distributor cap, 19102-46011 rotor arm, 90919-21521 spark plug lead set, 89465-19615 oxygen sensor x 2, etc.

Tuning - tubular exhaust manifold, 2nd decat pipe, cat back exhaust designed for a 2jz-ge (i'd choose the mt3280 blitz nur r). That's about it, don't expect huge gains, i'd guess around 15hp, but the car will feel a lot more responsive.

I'd spend the money optimising the handling and braking, get the suspension arms/joints/bushes checked for wear replace with oem toyota parts. Good set of shocks and springs, good quality tyres and a full geometry/alignment check.

Braking - if you have the smaller supra brakes fitted, replacing with the larger supra brakes will make a big difference. If you keep the smaller brakes then a quality set of pads, braided stainless steel brake lines, decent brake fluid and a brake master cylinder stopper will get the best out of them.

thankyou very much for your help & advice, im taking oxygen sensors off tonight leaving them to soak in lemon juice overnight, will update to moz on/or if any difference as ive said early in my posts supra is only doing 89mile on £30.00 of fuel, im sticking to speed limits too (honest) so its using rather alot, thanks again.

T

thankyou very much for your help & advice, im taking oxygen sensors off tonight leaving them to soak in lemon juice overnight, will update to moz on/or if any difference as ive said early in my posts supra is only doing 89mile on £30.00 of fuel, im sticking to speed limits too (honest) so its using rather alot, thanks again.

Cleaning the oxygen sensor sometimes helps but usually doesn't last long. Oxygen sensors should be renewed every 30-50K miles, yes they are expensive, but with the difference they make to fuel consumption they will soon pay for themselves in savings at the pump. Worn sensors also have an effect on power, you can usually notice a slight improvement in low down response and better idle after fitting new ones

Especially so if running an exhaust designed for a 2JZ-GTE. This is one of the reasons I'd recommend fitting an exhaust designed specifically for a 2JZ-GE as they have slightly narrower piping, more silencing - usually with a 2nd silencer on the mid pipe - and will give the best performance results.

I agree, thats exactly what mine is and although it's fairly loud, it's not horrendous.