The mkiv Supra Owners Club

*reduced*1994 Supra TT GZ Auto BPU

afro127

PRICE REDUCTION: NOW £4000

The time has come to part with my first Supra. It's been a fantastic car, a great combination of performance and comfort depending on how far down you plant your right foot! I would love to keep it but I need the cash to help pay for my wedding in April and having three cars on the road is greedy.

1994 Supra TT GZ Auto BPU.

All usual GZ kit (leather, cruise control, electric drivers seat)

Imported in 2000 (I don't have the import docs but I do have all MOT certificates since)

MOT until 24/03/12

Taxed until 31/07/11

75716 miles (just 10000 since I purchased it in November 2008)

Garaged for all but a few months since I've owned it

Comes with tailored cover

Reg number G8 SUP included in sale

Exterior

8000 miles on new Avon ZZ3 tyres (235/40, 265/35)

Team Dynamics Drifz wheels 18”x8.5”/9.5” (some kerbing on two)

Body as standard but without active spoiler

All undertrays and trim pieces present and correct

Resprayed in Nov 2009 (some stone chips and one small scuff now)

Interior

Leather front seats in very good condition

Dash panels sprayed in metallic dark grey – centre one has a couple of scratches/marks

Carpets in good clean condtion and covered with heavy tailored mats

The door cards have a few marks but pretty good condition

In general very clean and tidy

Performance

Tein Super Street adjustable coil-overs

Double stainless decat with restrictor ring

HKS Super Drager

HKS FCD

Denso iridium plugs

Innovate boost gauge (boosts to just below 15psi)

Innovate LC-1 wideband AFR with gauge to match the boost gauge (connection for laptop in centre arm-rest, all cables, docs and software in box)

Security

Toad AI606 immobiliser/alarm

Audio

JVC touch screen head unit (DAB, CD, ipod connection in centre arm-rest)

FM/AM/DAB bee-sting aerial

DLS C6 speakers in front

Maintenence

Just changed the cam-belt, idler and aux drive belt

I've changed the oil and filter twice since owning it using Silkolene Pro-S 10w50

Just replaced the coolant with Motul Inugel Optimal

Replaced the boot struts and rubbers

New battery

Fuel and air filters replaced about 3000 miles ago

Now the bad bit...

In July 2009 the stereo was stolen. Not too bad you might think but the thieves scratched several panels, smashed two windows, dented the boot, ripped the door cards, smashed the dashboard and damaged the wiring loom. This resulted in the car being a cat c write off. However, I purchased the car from the insurers and restored it myself using decent second hand door cards, dashboard etc (thanks Keron and others!). While I was at it I fitted the innovate kit, new stereo, removed the crappy body-kit, fitted standard body parts (including undertrays) and had a complete respray. So the car is recorded as a write off but was not in an accident (I have all the paperwork; the report reads "Fairly heavy theft related interior damage and the audio equipment stolen").

This is a lovely car, great to drive and very reliable but due to the above I'm willing to let it go for

£4500 £4000

Viewings welcome.

Steve

Hinckley, Leicestershire.

Lots of pictures at http://s788.photobucket.com/albums/yy164/lawro127/Supra/

TopgunnTT - Thanks, follow the link for more photos. If you buy the car I'll throw in the bike!!

mistertwo - Thanks - go TT you won't regret it!!

TonytotheB - The car is all sorted now. I completely stripped the interior, had it resprayed and rebuilt the interior replacing anything damaged (eg dashboard, door cards). Its been back on the road for 15 months now with no problems.

The car is BPU so will be more than 320bhp as the boost pressure is now about 1bar instead of about 0.7bar as standard. Not sure on the exact power figure cos I haven't had it dyno'd.

Being a former write off will increase insurance premiums but if you shop around a good deal can still be found. I think my premium was about £550 before the claim and after I had quotes from £650-£1200! However I then tried Admiral multicar who insured me fully comp for £470 (providing I insure my daily driver with them when its insurance is due for renewal) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the nice comments guys. Doesn't seem to be many serious buyers out there at the moment.

Josh - weekend after next would be good for me as I'm on my stag do this weekend!

Marvellous. Please PM me if I forget, I'm really busy these next couple of weeks and somethings are bound to slip my mind.

Enjoy your stag do! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.